Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Fit Bits are here !!

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
    Would be awesome to add Battery Level. But working great.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Would be awesome to add Battery Level. But working great.

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    I just upgraded to 0.1.0.1. So far all looks great - weight in pounds and distance in miles. Double "weight" is gone, but I did have to manually remove the old weight device in kgs. Interestingly, the name had changed to the new "Chris Profile Weight".

Thanks for adding Stairs!

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• pcp
    replied
    Just installed FitbitSeer 0.1.0.1. Easy setup and reporting fine the values. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Very cool!

Just tweeted this thread!

https://twitter.com/HomeSeer/status/612021121953759232

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Just installed FitbitSeer 0.1.0.1.

Some things I noticed:
    * Weight and Distance are now correct for lbs and miles.
    * Add user button is out of the toolbar and looks much better
    * Weight Weight is fixed

Great update!

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    OK, I've been digging a little more in the Fitbit API and the dataset is HUGE! Yes, all the data is there. It's just a matter of finding the correct data.

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Yes, there are at least two apps for the original (what I have) that do tracking. Misfit and another, plus I use Morpheuz for sleep tracking and smart alarm (wake up while you are already moving during a range). And of course the pebble app to control HS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hi everyone, and thanks for testing!
    I'll get a new version out today with the most urgent bug fixes (such as metric vs imperial conversion, and "weight weight").

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    No fitbit here. I use my pebble for activity tracking.

I am looking forward to checking out your example plugin code. . .:-)
    I didn't even know Pebble could do activity tracking. It's a "Pebble Time", right? As I'm pretty sure my Kickstarter Pebble can't do that.

I'm always wearing three devices. My phone (Lumia 930), my Pebble and my Fitbit One.

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Looks like the Distance is also off, as you thought. Fitbit website says: .37 miles and Fitbitseer says: .6 miles
    Thanks!

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
    I just installed and I'm very impressed for an initial beta. I can confirm that weight and distance are incorrect. The name of the weight device is "Chris Weight Weight".

I have a Charge HR and would like to add Stairs and Resting Pulse to the wish list for data to fetch.

Thoughts for triggers and actions... I'm currently using IFTTT to send me a text message if I haven't hit my steps or stairs goals by a certain time each day. It would be great if I could have HomeSeer prompt me to walk a bit more through the speaker interface. Another great use would be if Fitbit says I'm sleeping, put the house in sleep mode.

I originally got a Fitbit when they first came out to track my sleep and got hooked on all of the other data. I moved to a Beddit about a year ago for sleep tracking - it provides a more detailed analysis of your sleep and you don't have to wear anything.

Thanks for writing this plugin and I look forward to its evolution!

-Chris
    Fitbit.NET haven't made fetching data for "stairs" easy, we use it alot so I would love to get that into the plugin. I may have to build my own datafetcher for that, but I'm hoping to avoid it. The same goes for "Resting pulse".

However, I don't think it's impossible, it's just a matter of knowing where to look. We might have to test a little bit (I don't have a HR so "Resting pulse" isn't available to me), but we'll try. Instead of sending beta-versions of the plugin, I might just send you a single exe-file. You run it and paste the data to me.

Triggers and actions:
    So far I haven't done anything special with those, as I can't imagine a scenario not covered by the options already offered by HomeSeer. All the devices are populated with device values and can therefore be used as triggers or conditions.

Here's a brief description of the device values:
    - Active minutes: The sum of "fairly active" and "very active" (the same as the Fitbit apps)
    - Calories burned: Self explanatory
    - Distance: ...
    - Steps: ...
    - Speep start / end: The sum of hour * 60 + minutes
    - Quality: Just the "Efficiency" in a range from 0 to 100 (percent)
    - Time asleep: Total minutes
    - Time in bed: Total minutes
    - Weight: ...

So if you want a condition set to something like "IF time slept is less than 7 hours", it should be set "this device has a value less than" and the value is 420 (7*60).

We've been using Fitbit for sleep tracking when we got the Ones, in desember 2013. So we have 2.5 years of sleep data. While not perfect, it still gives a "guesstimate" on how the night was. However, I've ordered a Luna bed cover to take care of this, and a user here says he has ordered the SDK version so he can write a plugin for that as well.

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    I just installed and I'm very impressed for an initial beta. I can confirm that weight and distance are incorrect. The name of the weight device is "Chris Weight Weight".

I have a Charge HR and would like to add Stairs and Resting Pulse to the wish list for data to fetch.

Thoughts for triggers and actions... I'm currently using IFTTT to send me a text message if I haven't hit my steps or stairs goals by a certain time each day. It would be great if I could have HomeSeer prompt me to walk a bit more through the speaker interface. Another great use would be if Fitbit says I'm sleeping, put the house in sleep mode.

I originally got a Fitbit when they first came out to track my sleep and got hooked on all of the other data. I moved to a Beddit about a year ago for sleep tracking - it provides a more detailed analysis of your sleep and you don't have to wear anything.

Thanks for writing this plugin and I look forward to its evolution!

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Looks like the Distance is also off, as you thought. Fitbit website says: .37 miles and Fitbitseer says: .6 miles

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    No fitbit here. I use my pebble for activity tracking.

I am looking forward to checking out your example plugin code. . .:-)

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    looks like a great way to start a "war" between my wife and I
    Will order 2 over the weekend and install plug-in
    Plug-in installed, devices to be delivered Sat...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X