X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
    Thanks for the Plugin. I got a Fitbit Versa 2, mostly so I can give HomeSeer Alexia voice commands from my wrist. So far the Versa 2 is working great and Alexa is responsive using the Jon00 Alexia plugin.

The Fitbit plugin was a pretty easy install and so far is also working great. The fitness information is really useful and maybe I can get my sleep to improve
    You're welcome!

OOoh, jealous of the Versa 2, I would love to have Alexa on my wrist.

Leave a comment:

• DSteiNeuro
    replied
    Thanks for the Plugin. I got a Fitbit Versa 2, mostly so I can give HomeSeer Alexia voice commands from my wrist. So far the Versa 2 is working great and Alexa is responsive using the Jon00 Alexia plugin.

The Fitbit plugin was a pretty easy install and so far is also working great. The fitness information is really useful and maybe I can get my sleep to improve

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

I've been having this issue for a number of months. The plugin disconnects and then just stops responding. if I go in and disable/re-enable, it will run for a few hours and then stop running again. The debug logs didn't show anything.
    I had a similar issue with another plugin. The problem was found to be an issue with the way the PI was interacting with it's devices on systems with high devices counts (5k+).

Any Thoughts????

I can take a look, but this plugin runs fine on other systems with a high device count, so I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Plugin keeps failing.

I've been having this issue for a number of months. The plugin disconnects and then just stops responding. if I go in and disable/re-enable, it will run for a few hours and then stop running again. The debug logs didn't show anything.
    I had a similar issue with another plugin. The problem was found to be an issue with the way the PI was interacting with it's devices on systems with high devices counts (5k+).

Logs are below.

It fails right after attempting an update.

CPU on the system never goes above runs around 20%-25% and rarely spikes of 30%.

Sep-02 12:01:45 PM Warning Plugin FitbitSeer is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Sep-02 12:01:21 PM Warning Plugin FitbitSeer is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Sep-02 12:01:02 PM Info Plugin FitbitSeer with instance: has disconnected
    Sep-02 12:00:00 PM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 11:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 11:30:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 11:15:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 11:00:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 10:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 10:30:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 10:15:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 10:00:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 9:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
    Sep-02 9:35:13 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin FitbitSeer started successfully in 26258 milliseconds
    Sep-02 9:34:47 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin FitbitSeer ...
    Sep-02 9:34:47 AM Info Plugin FitbitSeer has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57251

Any Thoughts????

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Sleep data (Sleep Start, Sleep End, etc) won't update until there are some sleep data to report. This means that the "Sleep Start" usually won't be updated until after you got out of bed...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As you can see , the sleep end is almost instant!

but a big delay for the sleep start ; i can live with that since i just want to activate a scene ( witch deactivates a couple of things here)when i am sleeping: e.g disable events that are turning bedroom lights on when a sensors detect motion near the door motion/ same thing for tts...etc ).

the metric : time asleep is a little odd.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I've never heard about any issues for background syncing with iPhones. It should sync automatically in the background.
    This is by far the most preferred method.

( mine did not sync with my iphone ..maybe I have a faulty device)

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    And also keep in mind that sleep data is not available until some time AFTER you have woken up again...
    ok i will keep that in mind while testing.

I bought a Bluetooth dongle and i loop this in a .cmd file on a windows pc

Code:
    @echo off
    cls

:start
    explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Fitbit.Fitbit_maybe personal info!App
    TIMEOUT /T 60
    taskkill /IM "Fitbit.exe" /F
    TIMEOUT /T 3
    goto start

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by MattLau View Post
    Moskus .

I noticed the delay with the watch, to sync with the phone app. The one I have is the charge 3 , so it use Bluetooth.

My Iphone 7 do not really sync in background. Unless I open the fitbit app, then it syncs.
    I've never heard about any issues for background syncing with iPhones. It should sync automatically in the background.
    This is by far the most preferred method.

And also keep in mind that sleep data is not available until some time AFTER you have woken up again...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe i am wrong about the time it takes for the cloud to get the new data. need to do more tests.

edit: yes once the app has synced with the watch.. the data goes directly to the cloud ( then in your plugin).

will give this a try : http://linuxaria.com/article/how-to-...it-under-linux

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Moskus .

I noticed the delay with the watch, to sync with the phone app. The one I have is the charge 3 , so it use Bluetooth.

My Iphone 7 do not really sync in background. Unless I open the fitbit app, then it syncs.

So, the delay, I think is not that much with the app to the cloud; the delay comes from the sync.

I downloaded the app to an android tablet an on my windows laptop. I thought I would get bet chance on the sync. The problem here is that the watch sync data with only one device at a time.

ex: if I close my android tablet , and my Iphone, and open the windows app , then the watch will sync the data with the pc laptop.

here again, I have to open the app on windows.

_-----

If I want to tracker my sleep with a 5 mins interval, I would only need to let the Fitbit app open on a windows computer at my place, and use a program to mimic a recorded click on the ''sync now '' button.

The problem again is that if it was synced with my phone during the day, it wont sync with the windows pc fitbit app:

But here, the major data i want is sleep. So I think what I can do is set the refresh rate of you plugin to 9999 minutes , and set an event to sync more often from 11pm to 10 am.
    I could remove the app from my phone and my tablet., so it will just sync with the windows pc fitbit app.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for cheking at this Moskus . https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...or-version-435

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am running .478

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Yes, as mentioned two posts above yours, HS3 versions > .435 might have problems with this. Which verison of HS3 are you using?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think I solved it. Seems like all the device were children, and they didnt have a parent.

So I used Jon00 grouping package to set the account root as the parent of all the fitbit devices.

when I hit update now , or wait 5 minutes, it does not create new devices anymore.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I finally bought a charge 3.

However, am still getting new device after each update

is there a way to debug this?

thank you !!

I am using 0.2.0.10
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X