FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Tried to remove all the files in hs directory. Reinstalled the plugin again. But got the same issue.

edit: it creates new devices for every node*

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Moskus,

Not sure if this is a Linux bug, but each time the plugins polls data, it creates new devices.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was going to ask you the same question again lol.

I did not bought any Fitbit so I can't test it yet, but the plugin is loading in Linux, and i am able to access the config page.
    Will maybe try the charge 3 soon.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by MattLau View Post
    Hi'
    i am not at home right now. is your plugin linux compatible?
    I think so, but I haven't testet it myself recently.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi'

i am not at home right now. is your plugin linux compatible?

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    This plugin looks great! Is there a trigger or condition for when someone is asleep? I see that there is a start time but is there a device to show asleep / awake?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I've noticed the same thing, but not only with the plugin. The Alexa skill has the same problem. Every 5 or 6 months, I think.

I don't think there's a problem with the plugin, in that case it would have been much more noticeable.

Fitbits API is actually pretty strict when it comes to authentication, and there are multiple layers of security here. For instance, the authentication key is invalidated if it hasn't been used for a certain amount of time. That means, that if you take the plugin offline for a few hours (say more than 10), the key might be revoced by Fitbits system, and you need to re-authenticate.

As I said, I see the same "problem" with the Alexa skill. Eight Sleeps skill is even more annoying as it needs to reauthenticate every month.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    I thank you for this plugin.

I have noticed that the plugin loses communication with Fitbit every few months. I then have to re-authenticate and everything is fine.

Do you think this is Fitbit changing things up, or is there a problem with the plugin?

If Fitbit is changing things every so often, is there a way for the plugin to recognize this and alert us that re-authentication is needed?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    replied
    Thanks Moskus. I tend to agree that the ionic looks like the best choice. Even though it doesn't have alot of smart watch features I don't use most of them anyway. I am looking for a watch replacement as well as a fitness tracker and the ionic fits the bill well. Thanks again !!!!! Rick

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Can I assume from your previous post that the fitbit charge 2, fitbit blaze and fitbit ionic work equally well and are supported fully with your fitbit plugin? Thanks much.....Rick
    Yes.
    That said, between the three I like the Ionic best. It is actually a smartwatch, and it has better precision than the others.

However, the plugin doesn't care which one you use. I've been using a Fitbit One for 5 years before I got a Ionic, and the plugin did the same now as it did then.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    replied
    I am looking to purchase my first fitbit for Christmas and want to get the one that works best with your plugin. Can I assume from your previous post that the fitbit charge 2, fitbit blaze and fitbit ionic work equally well and are supported fully with your fitbit plugin? Thanks much.....Rick

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The plugin pulls data from the Fitbit database. If it's there, this plugin can read it.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    replied
    Does this plugin work well with the fitbit charge 2 and blaze watches, including heart rate. Also is the ionic fully supported now? Thanks much.....Rick

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    Testing. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Heartrate now available, see the first post for updates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X