X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I'm hoping, since you haven't said anything, that it now works...?
    Yep, still updating. I think I'll put it down to a HS3 "wobble"

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I haven't had any issue with mine. (if that helps)

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I'm hoping, since you haven't said anything, that it now works...?

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    Fingers crossed it behaves.
    I'll help!

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    OK, I bit the bullet, removed the plugin, devices, files, removed permission from fitbit for plugin, then re-installed, re-authenticated.

So I have my nice new shiny devices getting updated again. Fingers crossed it behaves.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The default time is every 5 minutes, not 2 hours. I think I told you to set that time earlier...

But that won't do anything, except give you a new stair count error every 5 minutes instead of every 2 hours.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    I'm wondering if my account data is still configured. I can't remember if the account should show up on the fitbitseer->configuration page?

I have this. Does it look correct? (see attachment)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear about my issue. Although the stair count error is occurring, it is in fact all the devices that are not getting updated. Hence why I think it is failing to authenticate with fitbit to retrieve any data at all?

I do have one plugin that requires Newtonsoft.Json.dll present in the HS3 directory. I have removed that dll and start HS3 with that plugin disabled.
    I then put the dll back and restart the plugin. Once it's started, I remove the dll again and the plugin seems happy.

This fitbit plugin error started occurring away from any HS3/plugin restart.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmmm! This is very weird!
    Is the ActiveMinutes device updating?

The error should mean that the plugin can't find any stair data on the server. Which is should if the web page (and app) is showing the stair count!

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    I now get the stairs count error message every 2 hours, on the hour. My fitbit HS devices are still not updating.

Looking back through the HS log to the time when the error started and it was just after I deleted 2 obsolete "Jon00 Remote Computer Control and Network Monitoring" devices..
    Seems a coincidence. I wonder if something screwy has happened to the HS devices. (I have restarted HS since then).
    At the same time, there was also a HSTouch Warning "Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any other ideas? Or is it looking like a re-install?

Is there some authentication check I can do?

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Will do.

I think you had me create it some months ago when we were looking at another issue. Perhaps I should have stopped it when we finished. I'll do it now and see how it behaves.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    I have an event triggering every 5 mins, setting the account root device to "refresh now".
    This might be a problem as the plugin is already doing this for you. Can you try stopping this event?

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Yes, my fitbit webpage is updating ok syncing data ok from my fitbits.

I have an event triggering every 5 mins, setting the account root device to "refresh now". I have debug logging on but that stairs count message is the only one coming out. Weird that no-one else is seeing it. If that's the case, I need to think about what may have changed on my environment.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Do you have newer data in the Fitbit app/webpage?

I haven't seen this. Do you update more often than every 5. minutes? (That should give a different error message, but who knows)

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Is anyone else having a problem recently with the plugin?

Since the last day or so, my devices have stopped updating and the HS log has "Could not get stairs count" messages.

I've tried restarting the plugin but still has the issue. I have also checked I have no rogue Newtonsoft.Json.dll present.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X