Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JimBob
    replied
    Yep, could be. I renamed it first as I was concerned that another plugin may require it.

    Everything seems to work ok without it but I haven't restarted HS since yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moskus
    replied
    I'm putting my money on the newtonsoft-dll thing. It was very frustrating to have a plugin working on my development machine, but not on my main machine.

    Authentication would fail over and over again. I then looked at the errors, but couldn't figure out why the plugin didn't load the correct Json dll. Apparently there's some sort of hierarchy, and those other Json-dlls were very old, and nowhere to be seen in my fresh installation on the development machine.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimBob
    replied
    Thanks guys. Your instructions on the first post are clear enough I believe.

    I had renamed the NewtonSoft....dll. When I stopped the plugin for the second time I also moved the dll to another directory to be sure and hen the FitBitSeer plugin started working. So could have either been the dll move or the restart that fixed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moskus
    replied
    I'm thinking about adding a simple text filter. You just copy the entire url into the checkbox and the plugin strips away the unwated parts.

    Why didn't I think of that right away?!?

    Leave a comment:


  • codemonkey
    replied
    that happens if you haven't copied the key correctly. sometimes there is a leading and or trailing letter. Make sure you are getting the entire key. If you want to pm me the link you get back, I will let you know exactly what key to use. When done correctly you will see a form with check boxes.

    Tony

    Leave a comment:


  • JimBob
    replied
    Ahh ok, scratch that.

    I restarted the plugin again and it is now working.

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimBob
    replied
    I've just installed 0.2.0.0 but when I enter my new authentication code nothing happens, no errors, no further info displayed. There are no messages in the HS log.
    Any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • codemonkey
    replied
    I would agree, everything appears to be working as it should.

    Leave a comment:


  • TechHA
    replied
    So far, so good. Easy upgrade. Using the new version with two accounts and everything is running great! Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    Ah, I like your idea better. Cool!
    I'd call it a refinement of your idea...

    Leave a comment:


  • codemonkey
    replied
    Ah, I like your idea better. Cool!

    Leave a comment:


  • Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    In the future it might be nice to have the devices managed solely from the configuration page rather than from a root device.
    I see your point, but I don't agree.

    All the account information is stored in the root device. The beauty of that is that the devices are much easier to manage. You don't need manage some settings file or stuff like that. You can move the devices around and rename them without worrying.


    BUT that being said. I can of course show all accounts in your system on the configuration page, and I can link directly to the config tab on the root devices. It's a great idea, I'll add it soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • codemonkey
    replied
    Figured out what I did. If you are upgrading from a previous version then you really do not want to do anything in the configuration part of the plugin. Just go to the root device for each Fitbit device you have, click on the name to get in to the device settings, then click on the Fitbit tab. there is where you reauthenitcate. The configuration page does not show a list of connected devices so you may be led to believe that they are gone. They are not. In the future it might be nice to have the devices managed solely from the configuration page rather than from a root device.

    Leave a comment:


  • codemonkey
    replied
    Not sure what I did wrong but I ended up with 4 account root devices (I only have one device connected.) The instructions on the front page are a bit scattered due to keeping some of the info from version one. I think I would recommend a bit of a re-write. Also the version for the plugin still shows 1.x

    Tony

    Leave a comment:


  • JimBob
    replied
    That's great, thanks. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X