FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
    That seems to have fixed it. I had tried deleting devices before but did not restart homeseer I think. Does the problem ever spontaneously reappear?
    If HomeSeer is updated to some version after .435 (I believe) and has been running for a while, then the root is not set correctly. Don't know why, I've been using the same code for years, and I can't find anything wrong with it.

I need to ask the devs.

I am seeing a debug notice that FitBitSeer cannot retrieve the heart rate -- unfortunately it does not indicate which user it is trying to retrieve it for -- my fitbit has a heart rate monitor but my wife's does not.
    That message will disappear if you deactivate "Heartrate" on the FitbitSeer tab on the root device of your wife's account.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

And that fixed it too! Thank you very much!

Comment

Not a problem.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ok now for my own curiosity, couldn't you get the URL hosting the homeseer box the plugin is running on and generate page that could be used in the postback to automatically populate the API key returned?

Comment

Ok now for my own curiosity, couldn't you get the URL hosting the homeseer box the plugin is running on and generate page that could be used in the postback to automatically populate the API key returned?
            No, when I'm creating keys in the Fitbits developer portal, I have to give them a return URL. Mine will be different from yours.

However, I'm planning to move my plugins to the Updater, and one of the things to take care of is to make a "forwarder" on my domain that may be called instead of the local URL that just takes your key and forwards the parameter to your HomeSeer server.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              No, when I'm creating keys in the Fitbits developer portal, I have to give them a return URL. Mine will be different from yours.

However, I'm planning to move my plugins to the Updater, and one of the things to take care of is to make a "forwarder" on my domain that may be called instead of the local URL that just takes your key and forwards the parameter to your HomeSeer server.
              Ah, I thought you dynamically sent it, that makes sense I had to do that with some other services I've work with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally bought a charge 3.

However, am still getting new device after each update

is there a way to debug this?

thank you !!

I am using 0.2.0.10
                Attached Files

Comment

I think I solved it. Seems like all the device were children, and they didnt have a parent.

So I used Jon00 grouping package to set the account root as the parent of all the fitbit devices.

when I hit update now , or wait 5 minutes, it does not create new devices anymore.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, as mentioned two posts above yours, HS3 versions > .435 might have problems with this. Which verison of HS3 are you using?

Comment

I am running .478

Comment

Thanks for cheking at this Moskus . https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...or-version-435

Comment

Moskus .

I noticed the delay with the watch, to sync with the phone app. The one I have is the charge 3 , so it use Bluetooth.

My Iphone 7 do not really sync in background. Unless I open the fitbit app, then it syncs.

So, the delay, I think is not that much with the app to the cloud; the delay comes from the sync.

I downloaded the app to an android tablet an on my windows laptop. I thought I would get bet chance on the sync. The problem here is that the watch sync data with only one device at a time.

ex: if I close my android tablet , and my Iphone, and open the windows app , then the watch will sync the data with the pc laptop.

here again, I have to open the app on windows.

_-----

If I want to tracker my sleep with a 5 mins interval, I would only need to let the Fitbit app open on a windows computer at my place, and use a program to mimic a recorded click on the ''sync now '' button.

The problem again is that if it was synced with my phone during the day, it wont sync with the windows pc fitbit app:

But here, the major data i want is sleep. So I think what I can do is set the refresh rate of you plugin to 9999 minutes , and set an event to sync more often from 11pm to 10 am.
                          I could remove the app from my phone and my tablet., so it will just sync with the windows pc fitbit app.

Comment

Maybe i am wrong about the time it takes for the cloud to get the new data. need to do more tests.

edit: yes once the app has synced with the watch.. the data goes directly to the cloud ( then in your plugin).

will give this a try : http://linuxaria.com/article/how-to-...it-under-linux

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                              Moskus .

I noticed the delay with the watch, to sync with the phone app. The one I have is the charge 3 , so it use Bluetooth.

My Iphone 7 do not really sync in background. Unless I open the fitbit app, then it syncs.
                              I've never heard about any issues for background syncing with iPhones. It should sync automatically in the background.
                              This is by far the most preferred method.

And also keep in mind that sleep data is not available until some time AFTER you have woken up again...

Comment

I've never heard about any issues for background syncing with iPhones. It should sync automatically in the background.
                                This is by far the most preferred method.

( mine did not sync with my iphone ..maybe I have a faulty device)

And also keep in mind that sleep data is not available until some time AFTER you have woken up again...
                                ok i will keep that in mind while testing.

I bought a Bluetooth dongle and i loop this in a .cmd file on a windows pc

Code:
                                @echo off
                                cls

:start
                                explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Fitbit.Fitbit_maybe personal info!App
                                TIMEOUT /T 60
                                taskkill /IM "Fitbit.exe" /F
                                TIMEOUT /T 3
                                goto start

Comment

Working...
                                X