No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you can see , the sleep end is almost instant!

but a big delay for the sleep start ; i can live with that since i just want to activate a scene ( witch deactivates a couple of things here)when i am sleeping: e.g disable events that are turning bedroom lights on when a sensors detect motion near the door motion/ same thing for tts...etc ).

the metric : time asleep is a little odd.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sleep data (Sleep Start, Sleep End, etc) won't update until there are some sleep data to report. This means that the "Sleep Start" usually won't be updated until after you got out of bed...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Plugin keeps failing.

I've been having this issue for a number of months. The plugin disconnects and then just stops responding. if I go in and disable/re-enable, it will run for a few hours and then stop running again. The debug logs didn't show anything.
        I had a similar issue with another plugin. The problem was found to be an issue with the way the PI was interacting with it's devices on systems with high devices counts (5k+).

Logs are below.

It fails right after attempting an update.

CPU on the system never goes above runs around 20%-25% and rarely spikes of 30%.

Sep-02 12:01:45 PM Warning Plugin FitbitSeer is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
        Sep-02 12:01:21 PM Warning Plugin FitbitSeer is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
        Sep-02 12:01:02 PM Info Plugin FitbitSeer with instance: has disconnected
        Sep-02 12:00:00 PM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 11:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 11:30:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 11:15:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 11:00:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 10:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 10:30:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 10:15:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 10:00:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 9:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
        Sep-02 9:35:13 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin FitbitSeer started successfully in 26258 milliseconds
        Sep-02 9:34:47 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin FitbitSeer ...
        Sep-02 9:34:47 AM Info Plugin FitbitSeer has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57251

Any Thoughts????
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

I've been having this issue for a number of months. The plugin disconnects and then just stops responding. if I go in and disable/re-enable, it will run for a few hours and then stop running again. The debug logs didn't show anything.
          I had a similar issue with another plugin. The problem was found to be an issue with the way the PI was interacting with it's devices on systems with high devices counts (5k+).

Any Thoughts????

I can take a look, but this plugin runs fine on other systems with a high device count, so I'm not sure.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Thanks for the Plugin. I got a Fitbit Versa 2, mostly so I can give HomeSeer Alexia voice commands from my wrist. So far the Versa 2 is working great and Alexa is responsive using the Jon00 Alexia plugin.

The Fitbit plugin was a pretty easy install and so far is also working great. The fitness information is really useful and maybe I can get my sleep to improve
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
              Thanks for the Plugin. I got a Fitbit Versa 2, mostly so I can give HomeSeer Alexia voice commands from my wrist. So far the Versa 2 is working great and Alexa is responsive using the Jon00 Alexia plugin.

The Fitbit plugin was a pretty easy install and so far is also working great. The fitness information is really useful and maybe I can get my sleep to improve
              You're welcome!

OOoh, jealous of the Versa 2, I would love to have Alexa on my wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                ... I got a Fitbit Versa 2, mostly so I can give HomeSeer Alexia voice commands from my wrist. ...
                Wait, WHAT?!? You can do that? My 12th Fitbit recently died and I am debating getting another or an Apple Watch. How does the Versa communicate with Alexa? Is it BT through a phone to the Alexa app?

Comment

How do you talk to Alexa on your wrist and keep her from listening on the other devices that are near when at home? I'd have to whisper
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    How do you talk to Alexa on your wrist and keep her from listening on the other devices that are near when at home? I'd have to whisper
                    A first world problem right there...

Comment

Norton was preventing the "suspicious program" from running, and the notification was hidden under the Homeseer Speaker. Once I figured that out and told Norton to behave itself, the install ran like clockwork. Now to figure out how much nagging I'll allow the HS/Fitbit combination.

Thank you!
                      My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
                        Norton was preventing the "suspicious program" from running, and the notification was hidden under the Homeseer Speaker. Once I figured that out and told Norton to behave itself, the install ran like clockwork. Now to figure out how much nagging I'll allow the HS/Fitbit combination.

Thank you!
                        Great!

Thanks for info om the false positive, I can't explain that.

Comment

Hi,

Just installed the plugin and so far it looks great! Many thanks for creating it!
                          One thing, I can't see my Device Battery Level.
                          I have a Versa 2, is that unit supported?

thanks in advance
                          Mats

Comment

Originally posted by Mats2 View Post
                            Hi,
                            One thing, I can't see my Device Battery Level.
                            I have a Versa 2, is that unit supported?
                            The unit is supported (my wife has it), but showing battery level is not. It's not present in the Fitbit API.

Comment

Just noticed the plugin hasn't been updating since the middle of January. IIRC Fitbit pushed a software update around then and am wondering if that's the issue. Anyone else have the same problem? I'll go through the connection process again over the weekend and see if that fixes things.
                              My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
                                Just noticed the plugin hasn't been updating since the middle of January. IIRC Fitbit pushed a software update around then and am wondering if that's the issue.
                                It works just fine here.

My guess is that you just need to re-authenticate. You can do that from the root device of the account devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X