No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. One HS devices per FitBit device battery level.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

You are right - I'm definitely not getting the Fitbit tab - whether I go through "Add account" or enter directly through the root device. Note: The only device created by the plugin is the root device. It appears the plugin is still running after I try adding a new account. When I go to manage plugins, it still lists the Fitbit plugin status as OK.

I do have this in my log:

Jun-22 8:46:50 PM FitbitSeer ERRORFitbitSetup, GetData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Jun-22 8:45:30 PM ErrorCalling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed
      Jun-22 8:45:27 PM FitbitSeer ERRORFitbitSetup, GetData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I don't understand the majority of that! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree also. One device per fitbit battery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, guys.
          One device per... errr... device.

Originally posted by bpm32 View Post
          You are right - I'm definitely not getting the Fitbit tab - whether I go through "Add account" or enter directly through the root device. Note: The only device created by the plugin is the root device. It appears the plugin is still running after I try adding a new account. When I go to manage plugins, it still lists the Fitbit plugin status as OK.

I do have this in my log:

Jun-22 8:46:50 PM FitbitSeer ERRORFitbitSetup, GetData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          Jun-22 8:45:30 PM ErrorCalling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed
          Jun-22 8:45:27 PM FitbitSeer ERRORFitbitSetup, GetData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          It could either mean that 1) you are not connected to the internet (or the plugin can't find Fitbits servers for some reason), or more likely 2) Fitbit.dll (or its dependency RestSharp.dll) isn't running properly under Mono.

Does anybody here have any tips on debugging plugins on Linux?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            Charting ??
            I've been thinking about that. Charting means that I would have to store (or at least fetch) more data, and also figuring out how I can do charting easily on HST (it's pretty simple in asp.net, but could be harder on HS).

... but then I tought. There's already a page that does charting pretty well:
            fitbit.com

Is there anything special you want on a chart?
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              I've been thinking about that. Charting means that I would have to store (or at least fetch) more data, and also figuring out how I can do charting easily on HST (it's pretty simple in asp.net, but could be harder on HS).

... but then I tought. There's already a page that does charting pretty well:
              fitbit.com

Is there anything special you want on a chart?
              just trends..steps, calories..
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                just trends..steps, calories..
                You can already use other charting solutions for that, like Jon00s charting utility or the Device History plugin.

Comment

Ok, gays. It's decision time again!

Here's the information I can get from Fitbit.net:
                  Code:
                  Last sync time: 23.06.2015 20:45:26
                  Type: 1
                  ID: 94nnNN
                  Battery: Low
                  Version: One

Last sync time: 23.06.2015 18:09:16
                  Type: 2
                  ID: YGNRmmmmmmmBZ2O
                  Battery: Medium
                  Version: Aria
                  So... one device for last sync time and battery for both devices? Or one device with both last sync time or battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Ok, gays. It's decision time again!

Here's the information I can get from Fitbit.net:
                    Code:
                    Last sync time: 23.06.2015 20:45:26
                    Type: 1
                    ID: 94nnNN
                    Battery: Low
                    Version: One

Last sync time: 23.06.2015 18:09:16
                    Type: 2
                    ID: YGNRmmmmmmmBZ2O
                    Battery: Medium
                    Version: Aria
                    So... . Or one device with both last sync time or battery?
                    gets my vote, one device, dual purpose, for each fit !

then I can "push" a message to plug it in for recharge ;>)
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I vote one for battery, one for last sync. For each device.
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
                        I vote one for battery, one for last sync. For each device.
                        +1
                        Bryan
                        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I agree separate device for battery and sync time per device, so I can setup a simple event to occur when device battery "changes and becomes low" for instance.

Comment

+1

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

And the group "a new device for everything" has it.

Now I just need to find time to implement it.

Comment

Another feature request you might consider would be to have the ability to create devices for the prior day's stats, and have them roll over at midnight. While i saw the request for graphing and logging, i think that's overkill since the fitbit website does a great job of that. However, I feel it would be nice to have yesterday's distance, calories, steps, etc, in the HS display to compare it.

I like to check it in the morning to see how i did the prior day, and obviously the HS3 devices all reset at midnight so I have to log into the app to get the prior day's stats, whereas a homeseer device with prior day's stats would be slick.

It would also enable the ability to add events to be triggered in the evening if you are behind what you did the day before, etc.

Its really easy to get carried away with this automation stuff...already thinking about a light sensor in the fridge cross checking fitbit calorie burn to determine whether a late night snack should be had and fire off a deterring announcement if not!

Comment

Working...
                                X