No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if you decide to integrate a scale.. the fit bit one gets mixed reviews, but there are a couple of others.

would be a wonderful thing to step on the scale with it knowing who it was, and uploading ...
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
      Another feature request you might consider would be to have the ability to create devices for the prior day's stats, and have them roll over at midnight. While i saw the request for graphing and logging, i think that's overkill since the fitbit website does a great job of that. However, I feel it would be nice to have yesterday's distance, calories, steps, etc, in the HS display to compare it.

I like to check it in the morning to see how i did the prior day, and obviously the HS3 devices all reset at midnight so I have to log into the app to get the prior day's stats, whereas a homeseer device with prior day's stats would be slick.

It would also enable the ability to add events to be triggered in the evening if you are behind what you did the day before, etc.
      I have been thinking about it. Programmatically it's not hard to get the data, but making them visible on devices is another matter.

I don't want to use device names to identify devices because I believe that the user should be able to rename their devices to whatever they want. That leaves DeviceType_String and SubType_Description.

But... wait. I can set the TypeString to "Fitbit Today" and "Fitbit Yesterday". And still use the same SubTypes as I do know. Ok, I've thought some more about it, and it's absolutely doable, and now on my ToDo list.

However, this will require restructuring in the plugin. And first I need to add (and test) the option to let the users decide what information to get and what devices to create. Fitbit can drown you in information, but I don't think all uses everything. It would be great if FitbitSeer could limit the data to what the user needs.

Its really easy to get carried away with this automation stuff...already thinking about a light sensor in the fridge cross checking fitbit calorie burn to determine whether a late night snack should be had and fire off a deterring announcement if not!
      Wow, great idea!

I have a script that checks last night real sleep duration, and if it's short enough, HomeSeer will start bugging us to get to bed much earlier than useful. I had HS turn off the TV too, but that wasn't too well received...

The script is buggy, though, and I suspect it's a HomeSeer bug, I'll check a little more and post it here when it works.

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
      Let me know if you decide to integrate a scale.. the fit bit one gets mixed reviews, but there are a couple of others.

would be a wonderful thing to step on the scale with it knowing who it was, and uploading ...
      Aria is already integrated.

Using the Aria, will update the profile weight, and therefore also FitbitSeer. However, I do have plans to integrate the body fat number the Aria also gives. I've found where it's stored.

This is a Fitbit plugin, so it will just read data stored in th Fitbit database. If you can get another scale to talk to Fitbit, then I guess that is useable, but I have no plans on integrating other scales or devices, like Withings for example.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post

Aria is already integrated.
        Have you been using aria? I've thought about picking it up but it seems to get some mixed reviews. I'd be curious about your experience using it since I always wonder how accurate reviews are on things like this and how much can be attributed to user error, not getting it synced right, etc, etc.

Comment

Have you been using aria? I've thought about picking it up but it seems to get some mixed reviews. I'd be curious about your experience using it since I always wonder how accurate reviews are on things like this and how much can be attributed to user error, not getting it synced right, etc, etc.
          I haven't read any reviews, I wanted a scale that was "connected" and within a system we were already using. As far as I can tell it's more accurate than our old scale, and it works just fine.

I don't know what else to expect to be honest. What is it that these reviewers don't like?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I've been using the Withings scale for a number of years and have been very happy with it. I got it before Fitbit came out with the Aria. I use to be able to sync directly between Withings and Fitbit, but that was before they started directly competing with each other. Now I use IFTTT to sync my weight from Withings to Fitbit and Moskus's great plugin picks it up with no problem.

-Chris

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

What is it that these reviewers don't like?
              Lots of reports of it not reporting into fitbit right, loosing connection to wifi constantly, those sorts of things. Maybe just early adopters and firmware has caught up and fixed everything. Thanks for the info that its been working well for you.

Comment

What is it that these reviewers don't like?
                Well, I think it still has a 350lb limit on it. Otherwise it says you weigh MAX. Which is unhelpful, and also the name of our cat.

G

Comment

Lots of reports of it not reporting into fitbit right, loosing connection to wifi constantly, those sorts of things. Maybe just early adopters and firmware has caught up and fixed everything. Thanks for the info that its been working well for you.
                  also working for a period of time then stopping.. scared me off as they were current dates on reviews

Comment

I can't talk about other people's experiences, but for us it has been perfect. It has never had an Wifi drop out, I'm actually quite impressed by that.

My wife and I together wouldn't come close to 350 lbs, so thats' not really something I can be the judge of. But it has no problems in the lower end of the scale, our two girls (aged 2 and 4) can use the it. However, they are so close in weight and build that the Aria has difficulty separating the two.

Comment

Our Aria has been rock solid since the most recent update. No issues.
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

based upon your success's, I have one on order..
                        no one gets to call me fat....

Comment

just bought an Aria scale and I'm using the FibitSeer plugin. Thank you for developing it, it works great.

I get the following error in the logs though:
                          Jul-11 4:37:17 PM FitbitSeer Debug Could not get stairs count
                          and it says HttpError:BadRequest in the console.

I saw you have plans to add "Body fat", that would be great.

Also, out of curiosity, is the Fitbit API only supports polling, or is it possible to be notified for example when the scale sync its data.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            Also, out of curiosity, is the Fitbit API only supports polling, or is it possible to be notified for example when the scale sync its data.
                            https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/...scriptions+API

Looks like they do support push.

Comment

I have installed this app and it does work without issue it seems. It is a little delayed because of the fitbit app itself and not this app, but that is to be expected.

Side Note I found out this weekend, if you are in a competition with your wife and wanna cheat... buy a harley

I average 2000 steps for a 30 min ride.

Comment

I would be VERY grateful if "Wane E" (user 3L67TC) could set the refresh rate back to 5 minutes or slower. At the moment I'm getting spammed from the API people at Fitbit as a user is exeeding the limit.

I'm surprised by this as it is exeeded not more than 26 minutes after a full hour. That's 150 requests in 26 minues. I'm not sure how it's counted exactly, but I think FitbitSeer does 3 or 4 requests each refresh, so that's close to a refresh every 30 seconds.

Keep in mind that Fitbit devices aren't "live" in any way. The step counter isn't publishing directly to the web, so I can't really get the data any faster anyway.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X