No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would one find this info for the user? I checked my refresh and it is 5 minutes. But want to make sure it's not me

Comment

You can actually find it on the Fitbit tab on the root device in HomeSeer.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ok so it is me. I have never changed the refresh rate. I will bump it up to 10 though. Honestly I haven't even opened the app since install and don't have any events running on it. So by sure what is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          Ok so it is me. I have never changed the refresh rate. I will bump it up to 10 though. Honestly I haven't even opened the app since install and don't have any events running on it. So by sure what is happening.
          If it actually is refreshing every 5 minutes, this should NOT be a problem. Not by a long shot!

Could you try disable and reenable it again?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Wayne, I haven't received a notice for almost 12 hours, so perhaps we should try setting it back to 5 minutes?

5 min intervals should still leave plenty of headroom.

Comment

HELP > I have spent the afternoon trying to get my scale setup
              I cannot get the wifi to connect
              I am running WPA2 from a Asus router
              I have the network name, I have the mac
              keeps saying not connected
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I believe it only works with 802.11b. That's what's stopped me from getting one! Let me know if I'm wrong about that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  As a proof that it was possible to actually create a plugin without too much effort using my own plugin sample (currently in development, being released very shortly), I wrote a plugin to fetch data from Fitbit.

Any change your sample plugin is almost ready? I am hoping to get a build environment setup so I can compile my own plugins. A good sample would be nice to start with. What environment in use for compiling. MS vb express version?

Comment

Originally posted by odonnd View Post
                    I believe it only works with 802.11b. That's what's stopped me from getting one! Let me know if I'm wrong about that...
                    You are correct, it is 802.11b, but that really shouldn't stop you from getting one. Its wifi utilization is so negligible you would never feel it on your network.

gearyt:

Check your AP settings and make sure you're not blocking legacy devices (802.11b). Also if you have a dual band 2.4/5 gig router and the SSID's are named the same for both bands, make sure you are picking the correct 2.4ghz ssid and not the 5.6ghz one. I ran into this when adding my Aria... it is an interesting bug in that it appears the fitbit app does the SSID scan from the device you are adding the scale from, and not from the scale itself, so my nexus happily offered up my 5ghz ssid's as connections for the 2.4ghz 802.11b only capable device. If this is the case for you (same SSID for both 2 and 5 ghz networks) you may want to consider renaming one of them, as some devices have issues in a mixed mode environment with both bands in play using the same SSID. (microsoft surface pro comes to mind).

Comment

I would not use any non WPA wifi. Most 802.11b devices only support wep which is crackable in a matter of seconds. Also, whenever you 802.11b devices connect it has been shown that the entire wifi network gets reduced to near 802.11b speeds.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        I would not use any non WPA wifi. Most 802.11b devices only support wep which is crackable in a matter of seconds. Also, whenever you 802.11b devices connect it has been shown that the entire wifi network gets reduced to near 802.11b speeds.
                        totally agree that wep is worthless, most of the 802.11b stuff that only supports wep is really old. the Aria has no problem with WPA2.

That isn't exactly true with regard to 802.11b devices reducing your entire wifi speeds. 802.11b devices transmit at 802.11b speeds within their time slices and reduce the overall theoretical throughput of your wireless network, but you would only see real world results if you fired up an 802.11b device and then threw massive slow file transfers at it, where the 802.11b device was hogging a huge amount of air time at the slow speed. something like a sensor or telemetry device, such as the aria, which has a very small payload transmitted very intermittently will not be noticed in a real world scenario. I routinely have my BBQ pit tender which is an 802.11b device on my wifi and see absolutely no reduction in other faster devices pulling files down from my nas, etc just from the presence of a mostly idle 802.11b device connected.

Comment

Most 802.11b devices only support wep which is crackable in a matter of seconds.
                          I think that was the case. But 10 years ago.

Also, whenever you 802.11b devices connect it has been shown that the entire wifi network gets reduced to near 802.11b speeds.
                          This, however, is not the case. I have both the Aria and a Twine working on b speeds (a staggering 11 Mbps, but the rest is not affected by this.

Comment

This is great! Installed without any problems. Was going to set up charting using Jon00's charting plugin, but it needs a HomeSeer Device Address for the device to be charted. Most Plugins set the Device Address as part of the Plugin. Not sure if this is something I can add to each device after its been created, or if you need to do it during the install. Unless something went wrong with the install, all my fitbit devices are Blank in the Device Address column.

Thanks,
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss View Post
                              This is great! Installed without any problems. Was going to set up charting using Jon00's charting plugin, but it needs a HomeSeer Device Address for the device to be charted.
                              You can use a device reference as well!
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                You can use a device reference as well!
                                How? The Box is grey like it is locked... nothing happens when I click the area where I think I would add it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X