FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then, let's try something else.
    Set the timer to udpate every 120 minutes (7200 seconds) so we get that out of the way.

Set up an even that will trigger every 5 minutes on top of every hour.
    Add an action for controlling a device, and find the Root device, and choose "Refresh now".

If that also crashes once every hour, there's something with the communicaton with Fitbit. If that DOESN'T crash it's either my plugin or the HS3 database.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      Then, let's try something else.
      Set the timer to udpate every 120 minutes (7200 seconds) so we get that out of the way.

Set up an even that will trigger every 5 minutes on top of every hour.
      Add an action for controlling a device, and find the Root device, and choose "Refresh now".

If that also crashes once every hour, there's something with the communicaton with Fitbit. If that DOESN'T crash it's either my plugin or the HS3 database.
      Do we want to try that first test alone? i.e. change the period to 120 minutes and leave for several hours, to see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
        Do we want to try that first test alone? i.e. change the period to 120 minutes and leave for several hours, to see what happens?
        No, let's do all.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

ok done

Comment

Any news?

Comment

And the results from the UK panel are......

I changed the plugin's refresh period to 2 hours at 16:55 (before I got confirmation from you that you wanted the preiodic event also enabling)
              The event was enabled at about 18:50

The list of crashes/restarts logged is below: (Mostly 5 minutes past the hour but a few on the hour)

15:17
              16:18
              18:25
              19:05
              20:05
              21:05
              22:05
              23:05
              00:05
              01:05
              02:05
              03:05
              04:05
              05:00
              06:05
              07:05
              08:05
              09:00
              10:05
              11:00
              12:05
              13:05

Comment

This is pretty consistent. It's like something in Fitbits API access is reset (or not) every hour. I think I need to contact Fitbit.

I'll see if I can get a version out with a few more debug messages, so that we can see what the real issue is (I thought it should now, but apparently not).

There's also the possibility that HS3 is causing problems. But I don't see why...

Comment

No problem, let me know if you want me to run a debug version.

Cheers.

Comment

I haven't heard back from Fitbit yet. This issue is still going strong, right?

Comment

Yep, still there.

Comment

Can you PM me your account name? I will give them something to investigate, it's not worth it checking my account (that's still working).

Comment

Okay, who has account ID 2Z433X? Apparently, you are exceeding the update limit.

Comment

issue fitbitseer

moskus,

Hi i used your fitbitseer pluging for a few weeks with success, however it stopped updating. probabaly after an update of homeseer in the past.

i tried reintalling the plugin etc bt i dont get the window anymore to create a api key etc. it just creates a new device but on that (root) device is no fitbitseer plugin tab available as well. tried restarting, deleting configs, and both versions, still no luck. ANy idea what is causing this? I saw another post on page 3 with the same issue...

I am on HS3 217, by the way in the past i had some issues with json newtonsoft dlls, but not sure if this related. in the debug log also no strange messages only the obvious one:

Code:
                            nov-20 16:21:46	 	Error	Calling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed
                            nov-20 16:21:13	 	Error	Calling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed
                            nov-20 16:21:07	 	Error	Calling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed
                            nov-20 16:20:32	 	Error	Calling ConfigDevice in plugin FitbitSeer:Request Token Step Failed

btw for testing i had the refresh rate on 30 sec. normal it was 30 min

regards

Bart
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I don't use any newtonsoft DLLs so that shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't tested HS3 .217 yet, could it be some issues with it when it comes to referencing DLLs? It's like it doesn't find the correct DLL files. Can you verify that you have two dlls in \Bin\FitbitSeer?

Comment

Also had the issue since 206, confirmed both dlls and replaced them several times, still no registering fitbit api option and or fitbit tab on root device.

And no errors in log except the one i posted before

Bart
                                Regards Bart
                                ------------------------------------------
                                Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                                HSPRO 3.
                                Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
                                X