FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Features

I would have to agree with Trollkarlen, this plug-in is great. No problems at all installing it and setting up the account. All metrics seem to track well with the FitBit dashboard on the PC and cell phone. I look forward to future releases with additional features mentioned here on the forum.

I too am interested in the resting heart rate but perhaps for a different reason. As we plan to wear the FitBits either on the wrist or in a pocket, I am looking for a way to tell that the FitBit is not "present" on the person such as if it was left on the night stand or left in a public bathroom or lost.

I am also looking to be able to tell that the FitBit is not in proximity to residence. I want to use it to tell when I am "at home" or not "at home" in order to trigger events such as turn off lights left on or turn down t-stat or any number of other things were a status should change when we leave. Of course if there is more than one FitBit in operation (me & wife), I would have to check the status of both so I do not turn things off/down when I leave and my wife is still at home.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
      I too am interested in the resting heart rate but perhaps for a different reason. As we plan to wear the FitBits either on the wrist or in a pocket, I am looking for a way to tell that the FitBit is not "present" on the person such as if it was left on the night stand or left in a public bathroom or lost.
      If you wear a Fitbit in the pocket, it can't detect heart rate, so I don't think that's a no-go.

But I have been wondering about this too. It all comes down to syncronizing but that depends on a number of factors. It could be that the app isn't running or if you are out of range of the computer.

I am also looking to be able to tell that the FitBit is not in proximity to residence. I want to use it to tell when I am "at home" or not "at home" in order to trigger events such as turn off lights left on or turn down t-stat or any number of other things were a status should change when we leave. Of course if there is more than one FitBit in operation (me & wife), I would have to check the status of both so I do not turn things off/down when I leave and my wife is still at home.
      The Fitbit API can't be used like that at the moment. 1) The GPS is not running all the time and 2) it still only sends data when it is syncronized (via app or PC).

But what you are describing is my dream too. Both me and my wife are wearing our Fitbit Ones all the time (there are only two exceptions to that, and one is when we shower). Being able to track the Fitbits would be awesome. I've looked into Bluetooth LE to see if that could do the trick, and I think it does.

But at the moment there aren't any "reasonably priced" solutions that can do this.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Using FitBit To Detect Occupancy

Good point on the "in the pocket not detecting heart rate". Still very new to the FitBit so still trying to understand what and when it does its stuff.

Since I am not familiar with what the API offers access to, I thought I would throw the concept out there to see what might be possible. I am encouraged that you think this would be a good feature as well as it means, if you are like me, I would need to figure out a way to do this.

I think you might be on the right track with BT LE. I will continue to follow your progress on this plug-in. Great job so far!

-Cliff

Comment

Sure, sharing ideas is a way to bring things forward!

But Fitbit is not "live streaming" its data to the servers, so there is sadly no simple way to use Fitbits API for this. It would be cool if it could, though.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

FitBit Present?

Is it possible to force a sync from HS via your plug-in or an HS event and determine if the sync was successful?

Assumption: I am almost always wearing the FitBit.

If my goal is to tell if the FitBit is "at home" (within range to complete a sync) or not "at home" (assumes it was not within range to complete a sync or was dead-low battery), then a sync test might fit the bill. Since I have a computer (HS3 host) that is "always on" and if the FitBit dongle were fitted to that computer, then a request to sync, if possible, would most likely succeed unless it could not locate the FitBit. Perhaps this is not possible.

Comment

Is it possible to force a sync from HS via your plug-in or an HS event and determine if the sync was successful?
              Sadly, no. FitbitSeer is not a Fitbit client, and it's not possible to tell another Fitbit client to start syncing except from the client itself.

Even if the time for "last sync" was displayed (which it can), I'm not sure it can be used in this manner. A lack of sync'ing is not only due to the device not being close to the PC (or phone), but you might have been stationary too. It only syncs when there is new data to send.

Comment

Using Syncing for Presence

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Never hurts to ask if something can be done. We will continue to watch this space to see what new features or functions might be added in response to user requests or your imagination. Great job so far....

-Cliff

Comment

Ability to graph values

Moskus,

Great plugin, working well with my system. Is it possible (maybe I'm missing something) to graph values over time with the plugin? If not is there a recommended way to achieve this with either some scripting or a 3rd party plugin?

Thanks,

HittR

Comment

I am using your plug-in and let me say THANK YOU! This is really cool.
                    If I may make one suggestion though.

If you are going to add the unit of measure to the data (example: 4.7 miles, or 181.2 lbs) You should add it to all of the data. Or remove it from all of the data points. Either way would be fine. The reason for this is that when you are creating an HSTouch screen it is hard to line everything up when the format is different for the different data points. When I have numeric data to display, I usually right justify the numbers so that I can line up all of the unit's of measure neatly.

I really hope you have the time to work on this project and keep it functional as this is one that I will get a lot of use from.

Tony
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I'm still a fairly active Fitbit user, and I am planning to develop the plugin further. However, life has a way of being busy with two small kids, and (sadly) I have many projects...

The only number I see missing units are the Calories. Are there others?

Comment

I thought steps was missing but I was mistaken.

One other thing that would be cool would be device for last update time.

Another thing that I noticed was that when you create a text box in hstouch and add "Activity Active Minutes", the text format doesn't work. The txt and numbers wrap incorrectly.

I didn't check sleep quality, but it might be the same for that.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I through together some transparent icons for your plugin. A little more HSTouch friendly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but I already have some new icons. I've just not gotten around to publish them yet.

Comment

Ok just did something really cool.

I added two fit bit accounts (make sure you give each account a different room name),
                              then I created two home screens for my HStouch screens. Both show the fitbit data for both users but Home1 shows userx as winning and puts their data on top, the other shows the other user. I set this up for a friend.

Then I grabbed the free plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...6&d=1437604249

just copy it in to your HS3 root folder and activate it. Once done, you will have the ability to create an event where the value of one device is greater than the value of a second device. I use this to set the screens.

It's working perfectly as they are now competing daily to keep their home screen on the screens.

Tony

Comment

Nice. Gotta charge mine...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X