FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh ok, scratch that.

I restarted the plugin again and it is now working.

Thanks.

Comment

that happens if you haven't copied the key correctly. sometimes there is a leading and or trailing letter. Make sure you are getting the entire key. If you want to pm me the link you get back, I will let you know exactly what key to use. When done correctly you will see a form with check boxes.

Tony
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I'm thinking about adding a simple text filter. You just copy the entire url into the checkbox and the plugin strips away the unwated parts.

Why didn't I think of that right away?!?
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Thanks guys. Your instructions on the first post are clear enough I believe.

I had renamed the NewtonSoft....dll. When I stopped the plugin for the second time I also moved the dll to another directory to be sure and hen the FitBitSeer plugin started working. So could have either been the dll move or the restart that fixed it.

Comment

I'm putting my money on the newtonsoft-dll thing. It was very frustrating to have a plugin working on my development machine, but not on my main machine.

Authentication would fail over and over again. I then looked at the errors, but couldn't figure out why the plugin didn't load the correct Json dll. Apparently there's some sort of hierarchy, and those other Json-dlls were very old, and nowhere to be seen in my fresh installation on the development machine.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yep, could be. I renamed it first as I was concerned that another plugin may require it.

Everything seems to work ok without it but I haven't restarted HS since yet.

Comment

Is anyone else having a problem recently with the plugin?

Since the last day or so, my devices have stopped updating and the HS log has "Could not get stairs count" messages.

I've tried restarting the plugin but still has the issue. I have also checked I have no rogue Newtonsoft.Json.dll present.

Comment

Do you have newer data in the Fitbit app/webpage?

I haven't seen this. Do you update more often than every 5. minutes? (That should give a different error message, but who knows)

Comment

Yes, my fitbit webpage is updating ok syncing data ok from my fitbits.

I have an event triggering every 5 mins, setting the account root device to "refresh now". I have debug logging on but that stairs count message is the only one coming out. Weird that no-one else is seeing it. If that's the case, I need to think about what may have changed on my environment.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                      I have an event triggering every 5 mins, setting the account root device to "refresh now".
                      This might be a problem as the plugin is already doing this for you. Can you try stopping this event?

Comment

Will do.

I think you had me create it some months ago when we were looking at another issue. Perhaps I should have stopped it when we finished. I'll do it now and see how it behaves.

Thanks.

Comment

I now get the stairs count error message every 2 hours, on the hour. My fitbit HS devices are still not updating.

Looking back through the HS log to the time when the error started and it was just after I deleted 2 obsolete "Jon00 Remote Computer Control and Network Monitoring" devices..
                          Seems a coincidence. I wonder if something screwy has happened to the HS devices. (I have restarted HS since then).
                          At the same time, there was also a HSTouch Warning "Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any other ideas? Or is it looking like a re-install?

Is there some authentication check I can do?

Comment

Hmmm! This is very weird!
                            Is the ActiveMinutes device updating?

The error should mean that the plugin can't find any stair data on the server. Which is should if the web page (and app) is showing the stair count!

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't very clear about my issue. Although the stair count error is occurring, it is in fact all the devices that are not getting updated. Hence why I think it is failing to authenticate with fitbit to retrieve any data at all?

I do have one plugin that requires Newtonsoft.Json.dll present in the HS3 directory. I have removed that dll and start HS3 with that plugin disabled.
                              I then put the dll back and restart the plugin. Once it's started, I remove the dll again and the plugin seems happy.

This fitbit plugin error started occurring away from any HS3/plugin restart.

Comment

I'm wondering if my account data is still configured. I can't remember if the account should show up on the fitbitseer->configuration page?

I have this. Does it look correct? (see attachment)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X