• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcdelong
    replied
    Heartrate?

@Moskus,

Really enjoy the Fitbit plugin. Been using it from almost the initial release. Just got a Charge HR to replace my broken Flex. Would love to have the heartrate data in the feed. Resting would be interesting but current might be fun to drive events off.

Thank you,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    It's already there.
    sweetness... im gonna get one again soon. most likely still the flex cuz I dont like the clip on ones... seems id loose it most likely...

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Think u will add the scale into the plugin? Sorry if i missed it...
    It's already there.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Think u will add the scale into the plugin? Sorry if i missed it...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I need a new one so maybe pickup a fitbit one.. but I really want a galaxy gear 2 watch.. lol...
    I like the Fitbit One. My wrist is reserved for a watch, right now a Pebble. If Fitbit could make a smartwatch that could get ALL notifications.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    As long as it sync with Fitbit one way or another (via PC + dongle or mobile app) the plugin should work.

You don't get all the data, though, but that should be understandable.
    interesting... looking at the comparison you only dont get the floors climbed.. that is it..
    and they are the same price...

https://www.fitbit.com/compare

I need a new one so maybe pickup a fitbit one.. but I really want a galaxy gear 2 watch.. lol...

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Just for the record, my Database charting works on device value change as has done so from day one. In addition you can manually trigger a database update via Homeseer events so you can trigger on anything you like.
    Hmm, really? I couldn't get it to work. Perhaps I'll have to take another look at it.

I write stuff primarily for myself and allow fellow Homeseer users along for the ride if they wish to use it. I don't need fancy user interfaces and see no point in spending time doing so. I'm much more interested in functionality and features rather than the aesthetics.That means adding many settings hence the vast array of ini entries! If I was in for it for profit i.e. selling it in the updater, that would be a different matter, however as you know I don't charge anything.
    User Interfaces takes time to develop! Alot of time!

I didn't write what I wrote to knock your products. They're fantastic! I use them and love them. But if my "less techie" friends want to use them, they basically call me to get them set up.

I still put my work with the DIY Homeseer user who likes to play around, build their own interfaces etc rather than buy off the shelf / Professional installer approach!
    ... and we love you for it!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    No. That's why I went with the Device History plugin. Much easier to manage, and records data on device changes.

I really, really like Jon00s scripts and plugins. He spends his time adding alot of cool, useful things to HomeSeer and much of what we all do I'm sure wouldn't be possible without his work.

However, his work is also a little more time consuming to get right. Usually, there's no UI and involves alot of ini-file editing using cryptic codes. I have no problem with that, it IS after all much easier to implement. But I think it would be much, MUCH easier for the average user if they had an interface. And in my opinion, unmanaged plugins should be avoided: Even if you don't make an UI for the plugin, at least let me turn it on and off using the plugin page.

But who am I to criticize Jon00? The guy is my idol! I'm very much impressed by the work he does.
    Reminds me that I need to to donate another beer to him...
    Just for the record, my Database charting works on device value change as has done so from day one. In addition you can manually trigger a database update via Homeseer events so you can trigger on anything you like.

I write stuff primarily for myself and allow fellow Homeseer users along for the ride if they wish to use it. I don't need fancy user interfaces and see no point in spending time doing so. I'm much more interested in functionality and features rather than the aesthetics.That means adding many settings hence the vast array of ini entries! If I was in for it for profit i.e. selling it in the updater, that would be a different matter, however as you know I don't charge anything.

I like being different and this is just a hobby for me. People have the choice and if they want to spend $$$ for a plugin, then that is fine. I still put my work with the DIY Homeseer user who likes to play around, build their own interfaces etc rather than buy off the shelf / Professional installer approach!

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    so side note.. will this work with ANY fitbit? we have fitbit flex
    As long as it sync with Fitbit one way or another (via PC + dongle or mobile app) the plugin should work.

You don't get all the data, though, but that should be understandable.

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    Just added this in today wow its great, fantastic job.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    I have one question with the charting, do you know of a way to update jon00's charting ONLY when the data is updated, in other words using the scales, right now the chart is showing by time so many points are the same, what settings do you use to just plot each time the scale is used?
    No. That's why I went with the Device History plugin. Much easier to manage, and records data on device changes.

I really, really like Jon00s scripts and plugins. He spends his time adding alot of cool, useful things to HomeSeer and much of what we all do I'm sure wouldn't be possible without his work.

However, his work is also a little more time consuming to get right. Usually, there's no UI and involves alot of ini-file editing using cryptic codes. I have no problem with that, it IS after all much easier to implement. But I think it would be much, MUCH easier for the average user if they had an interface. And in my opinion, unmanaged plugins should be avoided: Even if you don't make an UI for the plugin, at least let me turn it on and off using the plugin page.

But who am I to criticize Jon00? The guy is my idol! I'm very much impressed by the work he does.
    Reminds me that I need to to donate another beer to him...

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    Just added this in today wow its great, fantastic job. I have one question with the charting, do you know of a way to update jon00's charting ONLY when the data is updated, in other words using the scales, right now the chart is showing by time so many points are the same, what settings do you use to just plot each time the scale is used?

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    so side note.. will this work with ANY fitbit? we have fitbit flex

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    I thought that's was just a kid's tale...

By the way, I am working on an update, but managed to screw up when updating the plugin, so I need to rethink a little.
    no worries...always good when you can "ReThink".. are you doing that on the "ThinkTank"?

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    now to replace the 2 the dogs ate..
    I thought that's was just a kid's tale...

By the way, I am working on an update, but managed to screw up when updating the plugin, so I need to rethink a little.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    im going to get this going... this is gonna b cool.. there was a omron pedometer plugin that got created but the fitbits are so much more advanced...

picking one up from craigslist for $50 to replace the one i lost.. now to replace the 2 the dogs ate..

but i do have 1 left.. need band..

Leave a comment:

• raptorsss
    replied
    Sorry. Was walking out the door and mis read your previous post. Got it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X