Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmmm! I have a hard time wrapping my head around this. It's hard to debug when I can't replicate an error.

I might have to release a new update with more debug logging so that we can trace it.

To stop the plugin, it's easiest to disable the plugin, and then kill the process HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe (e.g. using Task Manager). Then re-enable the plugin.

Can you reach www.fitbit.com from the HS3 server?

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    I'm also seeing the plug in crash once an hour with matching application errors in the Windows event viewer. Running Windows 8.1, HomeSeer 3.0.0.208, FitbitSeer 0.1.0.1.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied
    If debug is enabled for plugins you can have a hanging window that can look like that.

Have you checked that the plugin process is dead when HS i shut down?

Regards
    Morten

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    mmm, thanks for that. I'm a bit reluctant now to restart HS or I could lose the plugin altogether like you.

Leave a comment:

• dcdelong
    replied
    And here is what happened....

Seems to correlate with an attempt to refresh...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1180759
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dcdelong
    replied
    I was getting the same error as you once an hour for the last few days as well. Yesterday I did a full reboot because of Windows updates and it started with the above messages. Disabled the plug-in last night when it was flooding the log. I'll jump on and re-enable it and see what happens.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
    Here as well
    Yours looks to be a slightly different error. Mine and Telefragger are the plugin crashing on the hour. Your error seems to be an unresponsive plugin, with the error message saying it won't restart it.

Leave a comment:

• dcdelong
    replied
    Here as well
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Looks like the same issue then.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    Are your errors every hour also?
    Oct-19 10:04:52 AM Warning I/O interface FitbitSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Oct-19 9:21:46 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\

Oct-19 9:04:47 AM Warning I/O interface FitbitSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Oct-19 8:04:42 AM Warning I/O interface FitbitSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Oct-19 7:04:37 AM Warning I/O interface FitbitSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Oct-19 6:04:33 AM Warning I/O interface FitbitSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

not sure about the 9:21am error..im still getting things going...

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    I'm only running 1 tracker... and have the issue here.. .
    Are your errors every hour also?

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post

I have been running the fitbit plugin since 29th September so a couple of weeks before this error started.
    The only change I can think of is that I bought a second tracker and installed a second dongle into another PC (not running HS) but this was a week before the errors started.
    I'm only running 1 tracker... and have the issue here.. .

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Checking back through my windows event log, I can see that I am getting this plugin crash on the hour (within a few minutes) every hour since 14th October 19:00 BST.

There are 2 errors for each crash in the windows application log:
    1)
    Application: HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    Stack:
    at HSPI_FitbitSeer.FitbitSetup.UpdateData(Int32)
    at HSPI_FitbitSeer.CurrentPlugin._Lambda$__4(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

2)
    Faulting application name: HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x55846175
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x043cd682
    Faulting process ID: 0x26c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0faf38a7b80e6
    Faulting application path: D:\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_FitbitSeer.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report ID: 7a17d1b2-729d-11e5-974c-00606ea565f6
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have been running the fitbit plugin since 29th September so a couple of weeks before this error started.
    The only change I can think of is that I bought a second tracker and installed a second dongle into another PC (not running HS) but this was a week before the errors started.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmmm! That is strange, what happens if you restart the plugin manually (disable and then enable it)?

Could it be Fitbit that is having problems? I'm not seeing any issues here in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Not sure what this error is about...
    Yep, I've been getting these over the last few days too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X