Coming Soon: Bed detection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: Bed detection!

Withings has relesed support for Enter/Exit bed in the API. I will be adding it to the plugin. I have 2 sleep mats here for my wife and myself to use so we can get accurate tests.

I also have bought the Scale, Thermometer, and Blood Presssure monitor as well. The only device I'm missing is one of their watches I believe, but may get one of those.

I am loving the Withings system, but to be honest, so far the only item I think is valuable to HA is the sleep mat now that we will have enter/exit bed.

Please feel free everyone to show your use cases in another thread for the other devices!
    Thanks,
    Frank

Hi Frank! How is the sleep mat sensation? I wonder because I have some back problem.

you put the mat under the mattress? Is it sensitive enough like that? Is the api response instant?

and will you update the plugin to hs4?

thanks

Comment

The mat goes under the mattress so you don't feel it. I tested using IFTTT and while there was a delay it was pretty responsive. I'm expecting it to be more so when I have it call directly to the plugins (hoping).

As to updating to HS4, They've said that HS3 plugins should work and it is a lot of work to maintain a HS3 and HS4 version of a plugin so for right now I'm not sure I will do an HS4 version.
      Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        The mat goes under the mattress so you don't feel it. I tested using IFTTT and while there was a delay it was pretty responsive. I'm expecting it to be more so when I have it call directly to the plugins (hoping).

As to updating to HS4, They've said that HS3 plugins should work and it is a lot of work to maintain a HS3 and HS4 version of a plugin so for right now I'm not sure I will do an HS4 version.
        I think the response time from IFTTT is acceptable but highly variable. The response time I get from the sensor with my Polyglot Nodeserver is pretty fast for a cloud service.

Comment

Just curious if the pad detection is working now. I’m considering buying the pad. I really like the idea for triggering bed detection.

i had a couple other questions,
          -if you have two (like you mentioned). Can you detect both individually, with HS?
          - if I just used for detection(not sleeping benefits), can I put one pad cross ways(save money) - then be able to check if person A is in the bed, or person B, or both?

Comment

Working...
          X