Coming Soon: Bed detection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon: Bed detection!

Withings has relesed support for Enter/Exit bed in the API. I will be adding it to the plugin. I have 2 sleep mats here for my wife and myself to use so we can get accurate tests.

I also have bought the Scale, Thermometer, and Blood Presssure monitor as well. The only device I'm missing is one of their watches I believe, but may get one of those.

I am loving the Withings system, but to be honest, so far the only item I think is valuable to HA is the sleep mat now that we will have enter/exit bed.

Please feel free everyone to show your use cases in another thread for the other devices!

Hi Frank! How is the sleep mat sensation? I wonder because I have some back problem.

you put the mat under the mattress? Is it sensitive enough like that? Is the api response instant?

and will you update the plugin to hs4?

thanks

Comment

The mat goes under the mattress so you don't feel it. I tested using IFTTT and while there was a delay it was pretty responsive. I'm expecting it to be more so when I have it call directly to the plugins (hoping).

As to updating to HS4, They've said that HS3 plugins should work and it is a lot of work to maintain a HS3 and HS4 version of a plugin so for right now I'm not sure I will do an HS4 version.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        The mat goes under the mattress so you don't feel it. I tested using IFTTT and while there was a delay it was pretty responsive. I'm expecting it to be more so when I have it call directly to the plugins (hoping).

As to updating to HS4, They've said that HS3 plugins should work and it is a lot of work to maintain a HS3 and HS4 version of a plugin so for right now I'm not sure I will do an HS4 version.
        I think the response time from IFTTT is acceptable but highly variable. The response time I get from the sensor with my Polyglot Nodeserver is pretty fast for a cloud service.

Comment

Just curious if the pad detection is working now. I’m considering buying the pad. I really like the idea for triggering bed detection.

i had a couple other questions,
          -if you have two (like you mentioned). Can you detect both individually, with HS?
          - if I just used for detection(not sleeping benefits), can I put one pad cross ways(save money) - then be able to check if person A is in the bed, or person B, or both?

Comment

Withings has relesed support for Enter/Exit bed in the API. I will be adding it to the plugin. I have 2 sleep mats here for my wife and myself to use so we can get accurate tests.

I also have bought the Scale, Thermometer, and Blood Presssure monitor as well. The only device I'm missing is one of their watches I believe, but may get one of those.

I am loving the Withings system, but to be honest, so far the only item I think is valuable to HA is the sleep mat now that we will have enter/exit bed.

Please feel free everyone to show your use cases in another thread for the other devices!
            frank,

i have also 2 sleepmats (one is on the way) do you have to seperate mail adresses setup or can you connect them to the same account and assign them to a family member? Btw what is the status of the sleepmat integration in your plugin?
            Regards Bart
            ------------------------------------------
            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
            HSPRO 3.
            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Happened upon this plugin by accident but I'm very much interested to know how well it works and how quickly. I've been using the Sleep mats for a while now with IFTTT integration to turn on/off virtual devices in HS and that works pretty well for me and is actually reasonably quick but once in a while the integration fails and HS thinks I'm in bed when I'm not.

The main use case for me for this integration is occupancy sensing. i have my HS setup to assume that the house is occupied for the first 9 hours after the last internal motion sensor was triggered and no external door was opened. At 9 hours and 1 minute, the house assumes it is no longer occupied. This generally works until I happen to sleep in or until I'm sick and I'm in bed for more than 9 hours, no external doors have been opened, and no motion sensors have seen any activity. It's quite annoying to be in bed when the house goes into unoccupied mode...turning off the heat/ac, randomizing lights (when dark out), playing random someone-is-home-sounds on the whole-house-speakers etc. The sleep mat integration allows me to add another condition to my occupancy sensor logic so that it never automatically changes to unoccupied when someone is in the bed.

My secondary use case was for automatic night-lights...when someone exits the bed at night the house goes into sleep-walk mode for 10 minutes (or until that someone returns to the bed)...with sleep-walk mode causing lights in rooms to all become motion activated but to only turn on at a very low dim.

None of this really requires a super fast response time and IFTTT (pro) isn't crazy slow or anything but I'd think that with IFTTT out of the mix, there'd be less chance of a lost in-bed or out-of-bed notification. It's also be nice to get off of the the IFTTT teet since it isn't free anymore if you have more than 3 applets out there.

Comment

Originally posted by IKUS View Post
                Happened upon this plugin by accident but I'm very much interested to know how well it works and how quickly. I've been using the Sleep mats for a while now with IFTTT integration to turn on/off virtual devices in HS and that works pretty well for me and is actually reasonably quick but once in a while the integration fails and HS thinks I'm in bed when I'm not.

The main use case for me for this integration is occupancy sensing. i have my HS setup to assume that the house is occupied for the first 9 hours after any (non pet visible) internal motion sensor was triggered and no external door was opened. At 9 hours and 1 minute, the house assumes it is no longer occupied. This generally works until I happen to sleep in or until I'm sick and I'm in bed for more than 9 hours, no external doors have been opened, and no motion sensors have seen any activity. It's quite annoying to be in bed when the house goes into unoccupied mode...turning off the heat/ac, randomizing lights (when dark out), playing random someone-is-home-sounds on the whole-house-speakers etc. The sleep mat integration allows me to add another condition to my occupancy sensor logic so that it never automatically changes to unoccupied when someone is in the bed.

My secondary use case was for automatic night-lights...when someone exits the bed at night the house goes into sleep-walk mode for 10 minutes (or until that someone returns to the bed)...with sleep-walk mode causing lights in rooms to all become motion activated but to only turn on at a very low dim.

None of this really requires a super fast response time and IFTTT (pro) isn't crazy slow or anything but I'd think that with IFTTT out of the mix, there'd be less chance of a lost in-bed or out-of-bed notification.
                I will have a beta out this week or next with Bed Detection. It has been my experience that the responsiveness is OK (for the real time notifications which include sleep). However note that the Withings SLA states it could be up to a few minutes for a "real time notification".

Comment

I will have a beta out this week or next with Bed Detection. It has been my experience that the responsiveness is OK (for the real time notifications which include sleep). However note that the Withings SLA states it could be up to a few minutes for a "real time notification".
                  Awesome news. I think I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas
                  HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                  Number of Devices: 1005
                  Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

That's good news. I've been using the Bed Detection notification via Withings > IFTTT > Homeseer for over a year now and it's sort of hit or miss. I'm not sure if that's on Withings end, IFTTT, or the IFTTT to Homeseer link, but I suspect the later. Hoping the plugin link will make it more reliable and I appreciate your efforts!

--Barry

Comment

Yup, and I know I"m late, but I got about 99% done last night. I may release a version and have people "alpha" test it. I locked out one of my accounts doing some testing. I hope to get a lot more done tonight and released shortly after.

Comment

Working...
                      X