Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Withings version 3.0.1.42 (Beta) is now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmaddox
    replied
    It occurred to me that some more information on the error I see when I try to authenticate the plugin on the Withings website might be useful
    Using the beta of course 3.0.1.42, Win 10, chrome, HS4. I have two Withings devices, both Sleep. Two withings users. When I first tried to use the Beta I just had one Sleep and user. I do have a scale on order.

I'm not sure how the myhs access code or token is supposed top display. Initially I used "request access code/pin" I put the code in the pop up dialog window "paste here". It remains in that box until I leave the config page. If I go to the config page later this is blank and no line is shown below it next to the myhs token line.

I thought that perhaps there was a bug here that wasn't saving the access code so I downloaded MyHSToken. MyHSToken saves the token just fine and it's displayed as one would expect. The Withings config still doesn't show one however.

The error I see on the withings site when I click Allow this App is:
    {"errors":[{"message":"redirect_uri_mismatch: The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match partner callback url"}]}

I am unable to connect/create any Withings devices

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by pj@pauljdorian.com View Post
    I am actually having issues with the triggers for in and out bed. They don't seem to be executing.
    I'll add some logging tonight.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
    After a bit of research, I think the best solution in my case is to have my wife delete her account and then add her as a family member on mine. That way only one account needs to be connected.
    This is how my wife and I do ours.

Leave a comment:

• pj@pauljdorian.com
    replied
    I am actually having issues with the triggers for in and out bed. They don't seem to be executing.

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    After a bit of research, I think the best solution in my case is to have my wife delete her account and then add her as a family member on mine. That way only one account needs to be connected.

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    I haven't yet been able to create devices to play around with the plugin. But I do have a question; does the app allow you to connect more than one Withings account? My wife has her own account.

Leave a comment:

• pj@pauljdorian.com
    replied
    I would agree. I would like to see it show as In Bed as a Device.

Leave a comment:

• devanb
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Please note that if you have a previously authorized user and you let the plugin "update" your settings, you have to re-authorize the user in order for Bed In/Out notifications to work. Nothing else will change except that you give Withings your approval for me to set notification call backs for sleep notifications.

This means your existing devices will still be there and not changed.

Also, Bed in/out notifications are "triggers" in Events and not reflected anywhere else. I could possibly make them a device to denote if that person is in a bed or not. Thoughts?
    It would nice to have "In Bed" as a device to easily integrate node-red.

Leave a comment:

• devanb
    replied
    I can test but I'm running HS4 now exclusively. Is your plugin compatible? I have the scale, watches, and bed sensors.

Thanks,

Devan

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Please note that if you have a previously authorized user and you let the plugin "update" your settings, you have to re-authorize the user in order for Bed In/Out notifications to work. Nothing else will change except that you give Withings your approval for me to set notification call backs for sleep notifications.

This means your existing devices will still be there and not changed.

Also, Bed in/out notifications are "triggers" in Events and not reflected anywhere else. I could possibly make them a device to denote if that person is in a bed or not. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    started a topic Withings version 3.0.1.42 (Beta) is now available!

Withings version 3.0.1.42 (Beta) is now available!

Withings v3.0.1.42 is now available in the HomeSeer store and in the updater (Beta Section)!

Please consider this more like an Alpha. A lot has changed since the non-beta version. I have done some testing of upgrading from that version and all my tests worked, but please back up your install before or be prepared to re-install the Withings plugin from scratch.

Please install at your own risk. That being said, I could really use some testers for this, especially the bed notifications.

Also note that I think there was a 3.0.1.41 version in the beta section. I don't have access to that version so was unable to test update scenarios for that version.

The following are included:
    • This is almost a complete rewrite of the plugin code.
    • Utilizes Real time Updates from Withings API (instead of polling, though polling is left in as a backup)
    • In/Out Bed Triggers have been added*
      • I saw a response time between 5 and 10 seconds, but the API does say it can take up to 2 minutes. I've never seen it take that long though.
    • Configurations have been reformatted.
      • Plugin should update to the new format, but I've only been able to test my local setup.
    • Some settings have been changed to per user basis instead of all or nothing.
    • Added Thermometer as a separate group of devices to get updates for.
    • Added settings to chose the scale for each data type instead of metric or imperial only.
    • Probably more that I'm forgetting.
Working...
X