Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed on inline modules - EON3 site light on for info

Hi Guys,

Newby here for the land down under. Have started in the world of x10 with some equipment marketed by EON3, the TV room kit, the Computer
    kit, a bayonet light socket, and wireless wall switch.

I am looking at converting some of the house lights over to x10 control (kitchen, home theatre, etc)

The ideal solution is to have the light controlled by the existing switch, or the x10 control (remote, PC, etc)

Now, EON3 have a micromodule NMSL1
    (http://www.eon3.com.au/content/produ...tProductID=502)
    and a 2-wire micromodule NMSL12
    (http://www.eon3.com.au/content/produ...tProductID=504)

Now, the info on the site aint the best, and the response I have had on a few questions takes a while from EON3 support.

I gather one of the modules just has the switching wire in and out, and the other has both neutral and active connected to it.

However, that aint the impression given by the diagram for each..

They both look like the existing switch also connects.

So, do any of these operate with both wall switch and x10? or does the x10 only work if the switch is in the on position??

Also, same questions for this inline module NLI12
    (http://www.eon3.com.au/content/produ...tProductID=447)

This one appears (by their diagram) to only give power to module when switch is on, and therefore switch must be on to be x10 controllable.

Hope this all makes sense. VERY hard getting any info on a lot of this stuff.

Actually had a situation where I could not wire a wall outlet to the wall X-10 switch. Purchased two scenarios.
    1 - Inline module model - "Wired Lamp Module"
    2 - Lamp 2 same code wired to switch

Switch I purchased was KeypadLinc.

This has six X-10 switches and is easy to program. Main ON/OFF switch controls both wired and same coded X-10 lamp. The in line module is larger than I thought it to be but fits inside of the electrical box.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Actually had a situation here in the US where I could not wire a wall outlet to the wall X-10 switch. Purchased two scenarios.
      1 - Inline module model - "Wired Lamp Module"
      2 - Lamp 2 same code wired to switch

Switch I purchased was KeypadLinc very simiilar in function to micromodule.

This has six X-10 switches and is easy to program. Main ON/OFF switch controls both wired and same coded X-10 lamp. The in line module is larger than I thought it to be but fits inside of the electrical box.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Hi there

With these type of modules, they will be able to be controlled via X10 all the time, and the existing switch can also be wired so that the module can also be controlled. With the dimmer modules, I believe you need a momentary switch rather than the standard switching one. I.e. when you push it, the circuit is closed momentarily, when you release it the circuit is open again. Press it briefly and the light will go on, press it again and it will go off, press it and hold it and the light will dim or brighten depending on if the light is on or off. Does that make sense?

Comment

I've Created a pdf for the Dual Dimmer.
          They Have Very Small Wires That come out the back of the module for Manual On/Off Control.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X