Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoucing Calling # Display/Answering Machine

Hi All,

Just want to know what everyone in OZ is doing with announcing CID/CND and using homeseer as an answering machine.

Specifically, should I get the Homeseer PCI Voice Modem or the USB Hi-Phone?

Thanks,

Ross.

I have the HS PCI modem for CID announcements and answering machine facilities.

Seems to work fine on our Aussie network.

Pentium 3 1.4 GHz,512 MB RAM,HS PCI Modem, 8 port Ser. IO,Ocelot w/ 8 I/O
    CADDX NX-8, NX584, NX507
    Temp05, 2 x PVR250 MPEG2 encoders, HDTV digital tuner card
    Win 2000 Srv, Metaframe, HS 1.6.x,HSP 2.x,ATT Mike16,Audrey16,Charles16,mcs Temperature,DooMotion,DooNetwork,HSTV

Comment

Thanks David. Had the fingers cross the HS PCI modem would be ok as it's much cheaper than the other one.

Thanks,

Ross.

Comment

Hi there.. Where do you acutally buy the HomeSeer PCI Voice Modem in Australia ?? Also does any other PCD voice modem work with Homeseer or only this one. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi David,

Were did ya get the modem? From Homeseer direct? or someone in Oz?

See Homeseer have none in stock at the moment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David K:
          I have the HS PCI modem for CID announcements and answering machine facilities.

Seems to work fine on our Aussie network.

Pentium 3 1.4 GHz,512 MB RAM,HS PCI Modem, 8 port Ser. IO,Ocelot w/ 8 I/O
          CADDX NX-8, NX584, NX507
          Temp05, 2 x PVR250 MPEG2 encoders, HDTV digital tuner card
          Win 2000 Srv, Metaframe, HS 1.6.x,HSP 2.x,ATT Mike16,Audrey16,Charles16,mcs Temperature,DooMotion,DooNetwork,HSTV <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Just to let others know,

I bought a $20 PCI voice modem with Conextant (??) chipset, and works great. Gets the caller ID and annouces the caller, and answering machine side works great too. Emails a copy of the message to my work account.

So, looks like only need for HS PCI is to use the internal stuff (voice commands, x10 commands, etc) and logging outgoing calls.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rirvine:
            Hi All,

Just want to know what everyone in OZ is doing with announcing CID/CND and using homeseer as an answering machine.

Thanks,

Ross. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

pci modem

Moby,
              Can you give us any more info on this modem.What brand is it, where did you get it????
              thanks Niko

Comment

Hi,

I just went to a computer shop, and found a modem that was
                1) Internal PCI
                2) had Conexant chipset
                3) was voice capable
                All that info is written on the box.

Came home, installed it, using the drivers on the supplied CD, found out what port is was set to, set HSP to same port, and told HSP to use the Conexant.txt AT commands set under Advanced Options.

When installed, the modem shows as SoftK56 Data Fax Voice Speakerphone CARP.

As I said before, works FANTASTIC.

Sorry about delay answering. With move to new board, forgot to enable the email to me when this post had been added to.

Originally posted by nickclift
                Moby,
                Can you give us any more info on this modem.What brand is it, where did you get it????
                thanks Niko

Comment

Hi,

I was just hopeing for a clarification- does this mean this type of modem is no good for dialing out etc.?

Thanks in advance

BJ

Originally posted by Moby58 View Post
                  Just to let others know,

I bought a $20 PCI voice modem with Conextant (??) chipset, and works great. Gets the caller ID and annouces the caller, and answering machine side works great too. Emails a copy of the message to my work account.

So, looks like only need for HS PCI is to use the internal stuff (voice commands, x10 commands, etc) and logging outgoing calls.

quote:<HR>Originally posted by rirvine:
                  Hi All,

Thanks,

Ross. <HR>

Comment

Modem

Hi
                    I am just wondering if this method still works, if CID is still ok and if dialing out works?

Thanks
                    BJ

Originally posted by Moby58 View Post
                    Just to let others know,

quote:<HR>Originally posted by rirvine:
                    Hi All,

Thanks,

Ross. <HR>

Comment

modem

Hi
                      Could any one please tell me if the internal modem method still works- is CID still ok, and can it dial out?

Thanks,
                      BJ

Comment

not too sure exactly what Moby was saying, but I do know that he was likely talking about HS1, and that with the advent of hs2 a lot of people were no longer able to use the "non hs" pci modems with hs. also, hs has stopped selling pci modems, as they are not compatible with vista. therefore they are pushing the w2c.
                        Plugins:
                        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

"Normal" modems won't work with HS2 anymore.
                          The way2call modems work fine in Australia (I use one).

Comment

BJ,

you said

Hi
                            I am just wondering if this method still works, if CID is still ok and if dialing out works?

Thanks
                            BJ

I'm assuming it didn't show up because a low post count means your posts need to be moderated/manually approved.

anyway, are you asking if you can dial out and get CID with W2C modems, or with any old pci modem? if w2c, then yes, if pci, probably not (except those that were sold by HS that are "special" pci modems.)

Ian
                            Plugins:
                            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                              I'm assuming it didn't show up because a low post count means your posts need to be moderated/manually approved.
                              Ian
                              No his post isn't moderated. It is in the Australasia forum which is the most likely reason it's not getting a lot of traffic. He needs to know if the HS modems work in Australia.
                              -Rupp
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X