Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia and HomeSeer

Hey All,

I've been watching you guys chat for a while and I'm ramping up my research on z wave for Aussies (i'm currently in New York for work, but am going back to Aus soon).

I've been researching z wave for a while and am just as frustrated with the prices on the websites like smartphone etc...

I'm wondering if any of you purchased the homeseer hometroller server and used on Australia freq Z wave devices? I'm 99% sure this would work but wanted to confirm. I havn't been able to confirm if homeseer servers support 220v.

I'm not really interested in the vera server as it doesn't support voice recognition. I'm planning (once i've got the initial setup done) to utilize microphone arrays throughout my home to enable voice control. i'm fairly certain vera doesn't support this.

Also, a freq question... if you import a z wave device from the US (US freq), will it not work at all? I don't understand why it wouldn't as it's wireless right...

then again are you then stuck to using only that freq as it wouldn't be compatible with Aussie Freq z wave devices.

Anyway looking forward to sharing my experience and research with you all it comes along... looks like there are still only two websites that sell aussie z wave devices... and are quite limited still.

While i'm in the US i may as well get what I can !

Cheers

Hometrollers work on 220V. It is detailed in the specs: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...er-P1011.aspx#

I don't use z-wave however remember that products for US/Canada that plug into the mains supply run on 110V which would be incompatible with your 220V supply. Things such as door locks etc. would work fine.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Hometrollers work on 220V. It is detailed in the specs: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...er-P1011.aspx#

I don't use z-wave however remember that products for US/Canada that plug into the mains supply run on 110V which would be incompatible with your 220V supply. Things such as door locks etc. would work fine.
      Hey thanks for your reply.

You're right it is 220v thanks.

So what i really needt o worry about is AC powered z wave devices. but it doesn't matter if you run both types (on different frequencies) right?? can homeseer handle both?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Sweet thanks.

So if you use a door lock on US frequency Z wave, and another battery powered device that is on Australian freq, both will work with hometroller by the looks of it.

Now that is bloody good news.

Comment

No the two frequencies can not be mixed within HomeSeer.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            No the two frequencies can not be mixed within HomeSeer.
            Hi Rupp - thanks for that. good to know . Looks like i'll have to stick with Aus Freq as the first thing i'll be replacing in my home are light switches which obviously run on 220v. Cheers

Comment

Yeah the biggest problem for us (Australia) is that the power system is 220 - 240V AC, and 50 Hz, but the American system is not the same and would not be compatible.

The closest thing would be Europe i would suspect in terms of power compatibility.
              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

you should check out the new Insteon products that are now selling in Aust. They are dual band - ie powerline 230v plus RF.

They work very well and are priced low

Comment

Working...
                X