Aussies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussies?

Are there any Aussies out there? There are 3 online z wave sellers in Australia and they are doing good business so there must be lots of users. Has anyone used the light switches from http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au/...ation-products
    My 2 way switch isnt working properly. Top switch isnt being incorporated onto my network. Anyone else with same problem?

Originally posted by Joehule View Post
    Are there any Aussies out there?
    Not many of us

Comment

I just joined a few weeks ago.
      A long time user of x10 HA - I'm am now making the move to HS from ActiveHome.

Just installed a new Insteon Hub along with some Insteon devices which are now selling in Aust.
      They are priced right and work well.

Comment

Another Aussie here. There's a thread I started on Whirlpool (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1650689) with some other Aussie HA guys, a couple of which use HS. Check out the Whirlpool thread as I know some of the guys have used the DIY Auto kit before.

I also mod the SmartLiving forum for HA (http://www.smartliving.com.au/forum/), although I've got no commercial interest in them, just enjoy HA in AU and got approached by them :P

Comment

Hi Walshy ,

I remember reading your post every now and again during various searches across the internet when i was first getting into HA, I must say your post has lots of interesting info in it. Would be great to see some videos or pictures of your setup if you have any

I am another Aus Homeseer User. In Pakenham, Victoria
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Another Aussie here too.

I bought a stack of the z-wave modules from DIYhomeautomation, but they are still sitting in their box yet to be installed. I really have to get a sparky sorted soon to pull a neutral wire down to each light switch.

The rest of my automation is going OK though - room termperature monitoring, evap aircon zone control, and split system aircon automation. I also have my solar panel invterter monitored.

Comment

In Sydney myself.
              If you are having issues I am sure Glenn from diy would help sort it out. I have found him very helpful, he spoke to my sparky a couple times.
              I have only bought zwave and SQ blasters from him though and like aXis most of it is still in the box until my place is ready.

There arent many of us but some, like Travis and Walshy have a lot of experience from what I have trolled through on the forums. I have watched Travis' fire services alert system video, pretty cool stuff. My mate from work,who is a long time NSW RFS reserve was very impressed.

Comment

I would use the term experience loosely (in my case).

It is that which draws me to homeseer the most, I have some very minor experience in VB, (e.g. making simple forms, did some network mapping stuff years ago to extract the logged in user and go from there) but largely i am an amateur in terms of Homeseer and Programming, that is what is so great about it is that with such a strong community behind it, people are willing to help out whereever they can, it may be helping scripting, or various plugins, or troubleshooting or whatever they can.

My system would not be nearly as useful as it is (including the automated turnout system) without so much valuable input from the automation community.

As to technologies, Z-Wave seems to be one of the most prevalent, i did see Insteon is starting to be released here as well, but for me I run it quite simple with X10, for the cost you can't beat it, sure the reaction time is not instantaneous, but it does get the job done. I would love to switch my house over to Z-Wave, but the cost is just prohibitive, i estimated it would be around the $3000 mark to convert to Z-Wave, plus sparky and so on, and having just had our first child (about a week ago) I imagine that my HA 'leash' is now somewhat shortened lol. I am loving the squeezebox plugin coupled with Jogglers running a Squeezeplayer Operating System (Squeezeplayer on a slim debian) though, that has saved me no end of grief in playing soothing music on timers, alarms, online radio stations... practically anything that gets baby to sleep , and keeps parents sane!
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Congratulations Travis!

My oldest as an infant was restless.

Many times an automobile ride would put him to sleep.

I automated his crib / bed when he was an infant with a vibrator motor attached to his bed on an X-10 switch (1980's).

That did work to help him sleep some.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Anyone have z-wave working

Hi All,

I am having difficulty locating reliable z-wave products and a supplier that supports the products they sell.

Can anyone tell me if they have used the following products in Australia and have them working correctly:

1. http://www.smarthome.com.au/lighting...e-control.html This does not update the status of the switch if controlled manually and does not update the meters attached for power unless manually controlled.

This is the "Who am I"
                    Aeon Labs 3 H 11 H True 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 1.7 Excellent (18) 40.0Kbps Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
                    Generic: SWITCH BINARY
                    SWITCH BINARY, SENSOR MULTILEVEL, METER V2, SWITCH ALL, CONFIGURATION V2, ASSOCIATION V2, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC, VERSION, MULTI INSTANCE

2. http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au/...ll-switch.html this switch is ok but does not create both switches or the temperature meter, so effectively I end up with one switch which can be controlled from homeseer.

This is the "Who am I"
                    Frostdale 7332 H 31 H True 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 1.4 Excellent (11) 40.0Kbps Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
                    VERSION, SWITCH BINARY, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC, MULTI INSTANCE

3. http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au/...er-module.html. This switch works ok but does not create one of the power meters when I import to homeseer.

This is the "Who am I"
                    Aeon Labs 3 H 12 H True 3.40 (ZDK Version 4.54) App: 2.5 Excellent (15) 40.0Kbps Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
                    SWITCH BINARY, METER V2, SWITCH ALL, SCENE ACTUATOR CONF, SCENE ACTIVATION, CONFIGURATION V2, ASSOCIATION V2, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC, VERSION

I am using a usb z wave controller http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au/...ontroller.html. I have also replaced this and started from scratch with the same results. I have also tried using another software product and have identical issues when adding the switches to that package.

If anyone knows a retailer in Australia that supports homeseer and z-wave appreciate if you could let me know.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X