Central Scotland HS Meeting - #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Scotland HS Meeting - #3

It was great to meet up with you all yesterday evening, most enjoyable time. I am now convinced GeoVision is the route I will go.

Regarding the next meeting the following dates are good for me.

Friday 26th October
    Friday 16th November

Not sure how close you would wish to get to Christmas though.

December is now to be avoided.
    Last edited by Gogs; July 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM. Reason: December not a good ide, I agree.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
    HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
    BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
    BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Guys - all very good to see you again, and welcome to Andy!

As for the next date, casting vote is with Andy to suit his shifts....

Over to you Andy...

DJ
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

another interesting night and yes Gogs, Geovision's definitely the way to go!

Oct and Nov dates are ok for me - would prefer to avoid Dec if poss.

I'm off back to reconfiging my Z-Wave system for what feels like the millionth time
      Malcolm

Comment

Guys

Nice to meet you all. It was good to have a blether and talk to the pro's.

Which day of the week would you like? Still a Friday?

Andy

Comment

Maybe I should read "all" the posts before I reply....Doh!

Sorry Gogs I missed the first one.

I can make both dates no problem.

Andy

Comment

hmmm would be a long journey for me.... wish people did a gathering on the east coast of the US!!!!! get all us techno geeks together...
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

New Jersey to Central Scotland.......Yip that's a fair trek.

Maybe we could set up a web-cam???

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                hmmm would be a long journey for me.... wish people did a gathering on the east coast of the US!!!!! get all us techno geeks together...
                It would be a long journey, as as HS is not yet prepared to subsidised under either Marketing or PR, expensive.

Why not drop Rick or Rich an email asking for an US East Cost Forum to be set up, then try plugging the idea. If it does not work, which I doubt, the Forum can always be deleted.

Personally I would go for it.

I have learnt so much, and solved many problems by just being face to face: Also a lot of fun, enjoyment.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
                BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
                  Maybe I should read "all" the posts before I reply....Doh!

Sorry Gogs I missed the first one.

I can make both dates no problem.

Andy
                  How could you miss the first one it was the first post.

No it does not have to be a Friday, just thought Friday suited, like yourself I work shifts.

Anyway good to see you there Andy, look forward to meeting more of the Secretive Central Scotland Users (SCSU) at the next meeting.

You do not have to live in Scotland to join us, if you are passing through you are welcome.

BTW. This is off the record, but, The computer and HA experience thats flowing is more than if you had subscribed to Open University. As I would Imagine all HS/HA get together's are. Bit like Musicians.
                  sigpic

Comment

"How could you miss the first one it was the first post."

Sorry Gogs, I was on autopilot.
                    I saw the title, assumes it was the original "Central Scotland Hs ....." post and scrolled straight to the bottom.

I knew this was going to happen, I should have been taking notes.
                    David can you point me in the direction of the HS plug-in for the Vellerman I/O board you were talking about?

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Andy

The velleman plugin is here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=k8055

I hit a brick wall with multiboard support, but there is a new version of the dll that might fix the issues I was having - but I don;t have the time to do the work for now.

In the mean time - this works for a single board.

Malarcy

Comment

Andy

can you remind me what the HS to Outlook integration (covering your shift patterns) you have was please? Thanks
                        Malcolm

Comment

Malcolm

It's the PJC Oulook plug-in I use. It's been very reliable so far and easy to use. Just set up an appointment in outlook with the name of the event you wish to run in the message body, and away it goes. One thing it does,nt tell you in the manual is that you can't have the "name" of the appointment the same as the HS event it's calling or it screws things up. I found this out the hard way, so it's one to watch.

Malarcy

Thanks for the plug-in, I'll give it a try.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
                            Guys

Nice to meet you all. It was good to have a blether and talk to the pro's.

Which day of the week would you like? Still a Friday?

Andy

Hi...yes, friday for me, to ensure that I can make it!

So - date?

DJ
                            ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Guys

Any chance we could make our meeting on the 16th of November?

I've just been informed my presence is required elsewhere on the 26th of Oct.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X