Pond thermometer deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    I'm curious why all of you guys want/need to know the temps in a pond? A swimming pool I can see but a pond?
    Not only do you want to know when and when not to feed them, many of us use 2 different formulas within the "do-feed" temp range. Spring/fall and summer feeds.

Usually, when the temp drops below 50F, they're not hungry anyway but if they did feed, the food is not digested because their metabolism slows and it rots in the belly.

Dead (expensive) sushi!

Comment

There are a few on fleaBay.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

they seem to be available here too

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/sho...cid=68&pid=616
        Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Great! Last time I looked - they were out of stock.

Comment

Ok just ordered 2. One for the pond which will have to wait until the 4 inches of ice melts and one for the hottub. So now that I have those I assume I need a receiver from
            http://www.rfxcom.com/receivers.htm. Can someone recommend a receiver. I'm all z-wave so this 1 wire/x10 or whatever it is - is all new to me.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BACustomer View Post
              Ok just ordered 2. One for the pond which will have to wait until the 4 inches of ice melts and one for the hottub.
              You have 4" of ice in a pond in Miami?
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

W2B, I monitor my hottub temp using a DS18S20 that in encased in a sealed tube. They seem to last about 6 months or so before they leak and stop working. For another $4 I do it all again. It's great to be able to monitor the temp - but I'm curious what your risk of freezing is in Miami?

Comment

I wish all I had was 4" of ice, here in Flagstaff I have 18" of ice, except where my electric doughnut is
                  Over The Hill
                  What Hill?
                  Where?
                  When?
                  I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

We should have more here in New Hampshire but its bee mild as of late. Flagstaff is a great place - I worked out in Arizona and spent some there when passing through from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon. We have the heater too but its still alway a crap shoot in the Spring to see how many fish have made through.

Comment

It actually got up to 52 today, some of the ice thinned out at one end. I was out there with a breaker bar and managed to make a couple holes. My pond is 5.5 ft deep, and I saw a few Koi way down at the bottom. They appeared to be ok. Now all the snow has melted and I have 2.5 acres of mudd! More warm weather the next few days but then more snow. It has been an awesome winter this year, about 8' to 9' of snow this year so far
                      Over The Hill
                      What Hill?
                      Where?
                      When?
                      I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Wow...I think we're up to 50" this year but tomorrow is going to be 55 and raining. As they say...if you don't like the weather in New England...just wait 5 minutes...it will change.

What are you using to capture the temps from these floaters and get into HS?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BACustomer View Post
                          Wow...I think we're up to 50" this year but tomorrow is going to be 55 and raining. As they say...if you don't like the weather in New England...just wait 5 minutes...it will change.

What are you using to capture the temps from these floaters and get into HS?

Thanks!
                          Hey you moved

Most users are using the RFXCom receiver and the ACRF2 plugin to receive these sensors as well as many others.

http://www.cheapertronics.com/produc...category_id=64
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X