Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Scotland - HS meeting #6

Hi guys

Thanks for an entertaining evening, sorry you couldn't make it Gogs.

The 19th of September is fine for me.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy... oh... I gave my "thanks" in the tail of the last thread...not the start of this one.... oh well.. Thanks again guys....

D
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

another great night guys - came away with a list of things to do again! Not least to get some of my 'spare' kit out to sell!

Before that though is to sort the under cabinet lights in the kitchen - couldn't see any LED lights in Ikea though David?
      Malcolm

Comment

Hi guys

I don't know about you guys, but our meetings seem to give my interest in all things HA a little boost after I come away. I suddenly find that some projects miraculously leap about 10 places up my houshold "to do" list.

BTW did the bill for last nights meal seem a little cheap?

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
          Hi guys

I don't know about you guys, but our meetings seem to give my interest in all things HA a little boost after I come away. I suddenly find that some projects miraculously leap about 10 places up my houshold "to do" list
          Ditto

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
          BTW did the bill for last nights meal seem a little cheap?
          Malcolm

Comment

19th September not good for me.

5th or 26th September would be though.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
            HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
            BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
            BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

5th Sept would be easier for me...

Continuing the discussions on electricity usage from last night...

I have to replace the under cabinet lighting in the kitchen and spured on by last night's discussions have spent the afternoon looking for LED lights to replace the current fluorescent bulbs.

There are three of these at the moment burning 180W and giving out a total of 1,260 lumen.

I thought I'd found some nice LED strip lights here but whilst the ones that will fit my kitchen units will only burn 12.5W I'm only going to get 400 lumen! That's just not going to be enough is it??

Any alternative suggestions - remembering I want to X10 or Z-Wave control them??
              Malcolm

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

What about white LED DioTonic lamps.

I have replaced quite a few of my Halpgens with them, and although the white would not light a room they should be ok under kitchen units, and are dimmable if you have enough on the circuit.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
                BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post

Before that though is to sort the under cabinet lights in the kitchen - couldn't see any LED lights in Ikea though David?
                  http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00119933

Comment

KIT?

Guys, any of you got a spare LW10?

Happy to buy, trade, buy beer..... etc etc...

David

Comment

Originally posted by djblack View Post
                      KIT?

Guys, any of you got a spare LW10?

Happy to buy, trade, buy beer..... etc etc...

David
                      David,

Any chance of being a bit more specific, what is a LW10?

Just to save me searching through unit codes to find out what you are talking about.
                      sigpic

Comment

LW10 = X10 Two Wire Light Switch which I think I might have but can't find at the moment!

But David why an LW10 - you'll be wanting one of these now!
                        Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                          Hi Malcolm,

What about white LED DioTonic lamps
                          i'm googling like mad but not finding anything thin enough to fit under kitchen units and be hidden behind 'plinth'...
                          Malcolm

Comment

those look ok but i suspect they're going to be on the low lumens side...
                            Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
                              i'm googling like mad but not finding anything thin enough to fit under kitchen units and be hidden behind 'plinth'...
                              Try here, The Light Bulb Company

You have givin I an idea. I have pygmy bulbs under my cabinets in the kitchen - think I will do a conversion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X