BBC Headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Headlines

Not sure if this is just me but could anyone else using Jon S's BBCHeadlines script tell me if they're experiencing difficulties? I've had the following over the past few days:

24/01/2006 14:01:05~!~Error~!~Script error in file: BBCHeadlines.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 54

I haven't been able to abort the script and eventually have to bring down HS to resolve.

I'm also getting this:

24/01/2006 01:26:57~!~Error~!~Script error in file: BBCLatestNews.txt: 13:Type mismatch: 'Itemcount' in line 57

In Jon's BBCLatestNews script but that one still seems to work and return the expected results. Anyone else getting the same?
    Malcolm

Im wondering if its the BBC playing about with their pages again... I have been getting problems with Jon00`s BBC travel news script too.

Comment

Malcolm,

Looking at those errors, it looks like you have an internet connection issue i.e. the scripts are not getting meaningful data. Both news and travel scripts are working fine here.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
        Malcolm,

Looking at those errors, it looks like you have an internet connection issue i.e. the scripts are not getting meaningful data. Both news and travel scripts are working fine here.
        thanks Jon - i thought i'd ask here first to see if anyone else was experiencing problems. I'm off to track it down. Thanks

Malcolm
        Malcolm

Comment

Jon

I think I've tracked down the internet access issue which has resolved the BBCHeadLines script issue - at least I've never seen the error again...

However I'm struggling with the BBCLatestNews one - it consitently gives the "13:Type mismatch: 'Itemcount' in line 57" error and I can't see why that would be an access issue. When I try it manually from the HS PC it seems to get valid data ok.

Any other ideas??

Malcolm
          Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
            Jon

However I'm struggling with the BBCLatestNews one - it consitently gives the "13:Type mismatch: 'Itemcount' in line 57" error and I can't see why that would be an access issue. When I try it manually from the HS PC it seems to get valid data ok.

Any other ideas??

Malcolm
            I'm getting the same error for a couple of weeks now. Malcom how did u fix yours ?

Comment

The BBC have been busy changing all sorts of things on their web site recently and the news feeds broke last week. I've repaired it already but have not got around to publishing it yet.
              Jon

Comment

Mr

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                The BBC have been busy changing all sorts of things on their web site recently and the news feeds broke last week. I've repaired it already but have not got around to publishing it yet.
                Ahhh thats good to hear, have been on your site last couple of days looking for it

I will wait patiently

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                X