Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell Hometronic

Hi

New to the board and new to HomeSeer ....

I'm from a Girder background, but looking to see if HomeSeer is the way forward at the mo.

Anyway I'm about to get the Honeywell Hometronic system (already have the wireless rad controllers and they are fab!)

Is there anything at all that would allow me to connect all the sensors up to HomeSeer.

I've asked the RFXComm guys and their products do not work with it.

Any pointers would be great!

Thanks

Dom

I'm following a similar track, but not coming up with much information.

There was someone at this years smarthome show demonstrating a browser interface to Hometronic, and I'm pretty sure that HomeSeer could link in through that interface, but don't have any information on who it was, nor what it costs.

Incidentally, where did you get your hometronic system, and what did it cost? I don't want to bother getting a bespoke quote if the base cost is way beyond my budget

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
      I'm following a similar track, but not coming up with much information.

There was someone at this years smarthome show demonstrating a browser interface to Hometronic, and I'm pretty sure that HomeSeer could link in through that interface, but don't have any information on who it was, nor what it costs.

Incidentally, where did you get your hometronic system, and what did it cost? I don't want to bother getting a bespoke quote if the base cost is way beyond my budget

Comment

My wireless radiator controllers arrived today, I'm planning to use a set of the CM67z room controllers to set their temperature, and just put a relay in series with the boiler controller so that Homeseer can switch the heating off completely when we're out, then we can phone home to get HomeSeer to switch the heating on. It will then use the radiator controllers to get each room to the required temperature, based on the day/time programme in the room controller.

Its nothing like as sophisticated as I'd wanted, but its affordable!

Ideally HS could see and adjust the temperatures in each of the rad controllers, but that looks like it needs a lot more inside information than we're likely to get

Comment

Hi
          Anybody get any further with this.
          I am looking to fit the hometronic system this year and would like to interface it with homeseer

regards
          Mark

Comment

No, I have mine in place now, with 8 HR80 radiator controllers and 3 CM67z room controllers, so 6 zones. After hours of googling I've not found any way to interface properly with HS.

The cludge I've done is a reasonable compromise. There is a HS controlled relay between the HC60 boiler relay and the boiler itself, so that HS can switch off the whole system when we go out, and we can phone home to get the whole system back on, or it will come on when we get home and disarm the alarm

Ideally, HS could control individual rooms, but it would need to communicate on 868 MHz to each HR80 to do that. An alternative I've considered is to solder wires to the push buttons on the room controllers, and put HS controlled relays to work as though they are pushing the buttons, but that involves a lot of dead reckoning, with HS having to keep track of the room its controlling, and the temperature its aiming for, so at some stage it will get out of step.

After getting used to the CM-zone system, and setting it right for us, it is working very well, everywhere seems to be at the right temperature, and rooms we don't use on certain days are unheated on those days. This was the real point for me, with kids that are here on some days but not on others, their bedrooms are only heated when they are here, the dining room and lounge aren't heated in the mornings, the kitchen temperature drops after we've had dinner etc. It took hours to work out 6 zones x 7 days x up to 6 temperature changes per day, but worth it, our carbon footprint must be much smaller now!

Comment

Any updates

Guys - I too now have this requirement - I have a comprehensive automation system for heating, lighting and security but not room by room temp control. The HR80 valves would be perfect, if we could develop a way to interface them to HS.

So -

(1) any news, leads or progress?
              (2) any demand out there - this for me is the Holy Grail in heating control - fine room by room control with HS offers HUGE efficiences
              (3) anyone with the knowledge can assist?

I have a background in electronics and programming, but without the information on the protocols used etc and how the HR80 communicates or how it interface the CM67z to HS I doubt we will get anywhere.

Finally - any alternative suggestions?

Comment

I also have a background in electronics and programming so I can help if needs be ....

I have found this :

http://www.house-intelligence.co.uk/...eheat_products

Which is very similar to the CM system.

I've enquired on a possible CLI so that we could interface it to HS but they do not want to know ...

Maybe if they get a few questions a long the same lines they might help us?

Dom

Comment

Apparently someone has worked out the protocols for the house intelligence stuff.

http://fhz4linux.info/tiki-index.php...Z1000+Protocol

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post
                    Apparently someone has worked out the protocols for the house intelligence stuff.

That is good news!

Now we just need someone to translate it into English...

Dom

Comment

There is an interesting thread on the AutomateHome.co.uk site, see http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ead.php?t=2050

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post

does that mean that it could be integrated into an RFXCOMM type unit?

Gary

Comment

I would guess that that is the data sent to the USB PC interface. (I'm no good at programming or reading german so it's a bit of a guess!)

Theoretically an RFX type unit could be used to set or monitor devices. There is already an 860ish MHz receiver. However I think that there would be a lot of work involved; I doubt that the makers are going to be willing to make their RF protocols available so it would probably have to be reverse engineered, which may not be possible.

Comment

evohome

Any one seen the new evotouch controller ?

http://www.evohome.info/

Its a new controller for the cmzone system that can controll up to 8 zones and uses a monochrome touchscreen. ( so dont get fooled with the colorpic they show you at their website )

Hopefull i am about the usb port thats standard on this device, they say now for future bios updates.

Here in holland the official release wil be in february so i hope to get some more information on the usb port soon.

Comment

Robin F

Thanks for the link, it looks like an interesting development. In some ways, it looks like an updated room controller, but what we probably all want is some control via that USB connector, which seems to be there for an upgrade at some point in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X