Anyone tried the HOMEEASY products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the HOMEEASY products?

Noticed them in B&Q - large range reasonable prices - sockets/light switches/outdoor stuff - wireless switches controllers etc.

Too many projects on the go at the moment to try but I wonder if Bert/RFXCOM "understands" them.

http://www.homeeasy.eu/home.php

Malarcy

I've tried a few modules. Some seem to use the klik-on klik-off protocol, so up to date RFXcom receivers can interpret the RF signals, and the RFXcom transmitter can control the modules. Others, like the wall switches, seem to use a different protocol, and the RFXcom receiver doesn't respond to its signals at all, although all the receivers that I've tried could be set to respond to the standard pseudo x10 commands.

The dimmers aren't really suitable for HA use, owing to their idiosyncratic method of setting dim level. Send an on command and the dimmer goes to the last dim level, send another on command and the output starts ramping up and down. When it gets to the level that you want you send another on command. This leads to a very low WAF; the lights come on and then start ramping up and down, because the HA software has sent 2 on commands to ensure that the first one didn't get missed!

The outdoor PIR sensor can be decoded by the RFXcom receiver.

There is also a repeater, which is quite useful, but it only seems to be able to cope with 6 command pairs.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post
      I've tried a few modules. Some seem to use the klik-on klik-off protocol, so up to date RFXcom receivers can interpret the RF signals, and the RFXcom transmitter can control the modules. Others, like the wall switches, seem to use a different protocol, and the RFXcom receiver doesn't respond to its signals at all, although all the receivers that I've tried could be set to respond to the standard pseudo x10 commands.

The dimmers aren't really suitable for HA use, owing to their idiosyncratic method of setting dim level. Send an on command and the dimmer goes to the last dim level, send another on command and the output starts ramping up and down. When it gets to the level that you want you send another on command. This leads to a very low WAF; the lights come on and then start ramping up and down, because the HA software has sent 2 on commands to ensure that the first one didn't get missed!

The outdoor PIR sensor can be decoded by the RFXcom receiver.

There is also a repeater, which is quite useful, but it only seems to be able to cope with 6 command pairs.

Bill
      Interesting stuff - I was looking at the outdoor socket and pir - and maybe the indoor one pir as well - I would like to start doing occupancy in al lthe kids rooms - so I can sleep the pc's and turn off the lights - wondering if the pir's are better or worse than the x10 ones - they look nicer.

Malarcy

Comment

Yesterday I have looked to the new protocol used by HomeEasy and I think it will be possible to add this protocol to the receiver and to a transmitter.
        I need to do some more investigation but when the receiver is ready to receive this protocol I will post this in this thread. I expect within 2 weeks.

Bert

Comment

Bert,

Once again - you are a star - look forward to hearing more.

Malarcy

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
            Yesterday I have looked to the new protocol used by HomeEasy and I think it will be possible to add this protocol to the receiver and to a transmitter.
            I need to do some more investigation but when the receiver is ready to receive this protocol I will post this in this thread. I expect within 2 weeks.

Bert
            Nice one Bert....I would be interested in a receiver/transmitter when you have it sorted.

Comment

The HomeEasy (HE) plug-in modules can be switched on and off by the RFXCOM transmitter using the ARC protocol also used by Domia-Lite, KlikOn-KlikOff etc.
              If the dim level has been set in the HE unit the unit will keep this setting and after an off - on the unit will switch on to the previous dim level.
              The dim level can not be set with the current version of the transmitter.
              If I will be able to decode the new HomeEasy protocol I have to design a new dedicated transmitter. This protocol can't be added to the current transmitter.

The latest receiver version 21 and up can receive in a short distance the new HE protocol. But it can't be used because the decoding of the protocol must be done first. And it would also need a dedicated receiver with adapted hardware to get a bigger range.

To be able to create a transmitter for HE I must decode the HE protocol and I need a few packets transmitted by different remotes. The new RFreceiver is able to receive and display the raw HE packets.

Bert

Comment

Hi Bert,
                are you saying that you won't be producing an Home Easy compatible receiver/transmitter?

regards
                Gary

Comment

Gary,

That's not what I'm saying.

The version 22 of the X10-oregon-Klikon receiver is able to receive the standard HE protocol (compatibel with KlikOn-KlikOff, DomiaLite etc.) and now in addition the new HE Ultimate protocol but only from a short distance. If there is a need to receive the HE Ultimate protocol from larger distances I can create a dedicated "HE Ultimate only" Master or Slave receiver.

I'm working on the transmitter now. I will add the HE Ultimate protocol. This will be available in the coming weeks.

Bert
                  Last edited by b_weijenberg; February 11th, 2008, 04:24 AM.

Comment

OK thanks Bert...wasn't sure...you got a bit technical on me there!

Comment

The free RFXCOM Homeseer plug-in supports the control of the HomeEasy On/Off modules and dimmers.
                      The HomeEasy protocol has been added to the new RFXCOM transmitter version 10.

The plug-in can be downloaded at http://www.rfxcom.com/downloads.htm

Comment

I'm a little confused by the array of hardware available on the rfxcom site, basically I'd like to integrate homeeasy into my existing X10 and motorola homesight setup, with the transmitter/receiver(s) connected via usb, using Homeseer 1.7 as the control software.

What exactly would I need to purchase to receive and transmit homeeasy commands from homeseer?

Does the rfxcom plugin work with homeseer 1.7?

thanks for any advice

mike

Comment

In order to transmit commands to the Homeeasy modules you would need a 433MHz transmitter with a USB module, the first item in the second box down on the RFXcom transmitters page, order code 70005.

To receive Homeeasy signals you need a 433MHz receiver module and interface, the first item in the second box down on the RFXcom receivers page, order code 70003. However, at the moment the RFXcom receiver only supports 2 Homeeasy transmitters, the timer remote and the outdoor PIR.

See http://www.xplmonkey.com/homeeasy.html for a clear explanation of the Homeeasy modules and their differences. If you are only interested in receiving homeeasy commands I wouldn't think that it is worth getting a receiver unless support for the proprietary Homeeasy protocol becomes available.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the concise easy explanation. I've ordered the transmitter, as that's the main thrust of what I'm trying to do (replace slow X10 with fast RF), although I currently only have a couple of transmitter devices, I don't really need the receiver immediately.

cheers

mike

Comment

A bit late to the party, but has anyone used either an HE203 OR HE204 with an RFXCOM transmitter?

Do the units soft start and soft off?
                              Can you set a new dim level each time it's turned on or is it only previous level?
                              And whats the range on the standard transmitter without an additional aerial?

Cheers
                              Lance

Comment

Working...
                              X