Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up! - cheap water meters

Guys

This seller on ebay has many water meters at a good price.

The ones on this listing are hot water capable too - which you dont see often and certainly not at this price.

if you mail him, he has ones with data outputs (reed switches) on them at no extra cost.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAP...m=250203935495

I am in no way affiliated with the seller.

DJ
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

so...i'm on my phone right now...does he have them for someone this side of the pond? (US)

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

...he does not list US shipping but if it was still worth the price, I am sure the guy would...

DJ

Comment

drozwood90, (maybe a bit cheeky maybe not)

If you don't get any joy shipping to the UK then theres no probs shipping to me then I'll forward them onto you in the states.

Likewise to return the favour (see my thread in this forum) I understand X10.com don't ship to the UK, I may order from them sometime in the future and you could recipricate.

If it sounds like a plan, let me know.

Cheers

Comment

Martin,

It certainly does seem like a plan. I'll PM you with my e-mail.

The only thing that I need to worry about, is to make certain that you are willing to wait a month or so.

I recently accepted a new job. I'll be moving soon (byt hte 21st or Jan).

As such, I've been grabbing bookmarks of a lot of things to purchase once I get settled in.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I'll still contact him directly...

but:

"1st/2nd class postage (UK ONLY, contact for shipping details)"

That's why I asked. That and I was on my cellphone at the time.

--Dan

Comment

I too may want some of these and could also do the fly by mail swaps....

can someone convert that money to US $$$? I am lost at how much they are...

also what would be needed to make these work where we can monitor them? is this where you need to add that optical blinky counter thingy??? HAH like that term huh!!!!!
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Google is your friend:
                http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...A38.50++to+USD

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                  hah I didnt even know what to search for!!!!!
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

That's just it, with Google, they already know what you want. You just need to click search.

=-)

--Dan

Comment

Guys

My meter arrived the other day.... perfect... small and compact... hot water model as requested AND data output!

The pulse output is 1 pulse per 10 litres.

And for much cheapness!

DJ

Comment

Wow, keep us posted on the quality!

I'm not in my apartment, so give me a while to settle in. Then, we can start the ole' import/export business!

--Dan

Comment

It will be great to get the import/export alive and kicking....

I am more than happy to help... and have a few things I would like already in the queue!

DJ

Comment

Hello,

Can you describe how the data output works, reed switch???? Do y have to use a 1 wire counter the count the pulses???

Regards

LiamK

Comment

Mis-type...

Now, not was supposed to be NOW

--Dan

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                              Wow, keep us posted on the quality!

I'm not in my apartment, so give me a while to settle in. Then, we can start the ole' import/export business!

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X