Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrisave/OWL/Cent-a-meter Deal.

Hi all

I've been on to the folks at LetsAutomate to see if it possible to buy the Electrisave (OWL/Cent-a-meter.....whatever you want to call it) without the LCD receiver.

http://www.letsautomate.com/12516.cf...b-3ebff0f47414

The transmitter lets you monitor the current in three circuits, but the receiver adds them all up to give the total current, which is fine if you are monitoring 3 phase.

However, using Sooty's script, HS via ACRF2 can strip out the data for each circuit and display it as a device. If the price was cheap enough, I though this would be quite a good way of monitoring the status of different appliances i.e. the washing machine, tumble drier..etc,etc..)

If the manufacturers will sell it this way, would anyone else be interested? possibly go for a group buy?

Cheers

Andy

Very interested, put me down

Reg

LiamK

Comment

Yes I'm interested.

Comment

Sorry guys.

Letsautomate have said the manufacturers are unwilling to sell the parts seperately, so it looks like we are snookered at the moment.

However, they have asked them to re-evaluate this as there might be a market here.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
            Hi all

I've been on to the folks at LetsAutomate to see if it possible to buy the Electrisave (OWL/Cent-a-meter.....whatever you want to call it) without the LCD receiver.

http://www.letsautomate.com/12516.cf...b-3ebff0f47414

The transmitter lets you monitor the current in three circuits, but the receiver adds them all up to give the total current, which is fine if you are monitoring 3 phase.

However, using Sooty's script, HS via ACRF2 can strip out the data for each circuit and display it as a device. If the price was cheap enough, I though this would be quite a good way of monitoring the status of different appliances i.e. the washing machine, tumble drier..etc,etc..)

If the manufacturers will sell it this way, would anyone else be interested? possibly go for a group buy?

Cheers

Andy
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
            HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
            BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
            BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Gogs, are you sure, I just looked and they are still at just under 30 quid.

http://www.letsautomate.com/12731.cfm?&

TrOjAn

Comment

Looks like it was just for the clamp on meter and not the transmitter.

Comment

sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
                  BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42

Comment

Hi Gogs

I'm afraid item 12433 is just a clamp on sensor (CT) and not the actually the owl transmitter. It's quite a bad description on the Letsautomate website.

I bought a couple ages ago so I could monitor the current in two other circuits.

Andy

Comment

Hi Gogs

I'm afraid item 12433 is just a clamp on sensor (CT) and not the actually the owl transmitter. It's quite a bad description on the Letsautomate website.

I bought a couple ages ago so I could monitor the current in two other circuits.

Andy
                      Cheers Andy for that bit on info.

I will let you know what arrives, and then tax your mind as to how to get it to work with ACRF and HS.

If it is as you say then I think I have a very good reason to return that part of the order.

Watch this space.
                      sigpic

Comment

---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Hi Gogs

Andy
                          Yip, you were right, it's just the clamp.

Anyway - now to play with my new Owl, no pun intended Harry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X