Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LD11 controlled lights: turning on "spontaneously"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD11 controlled lights: turning on "spontaneously"?

Hi guys,

I have recently setup my HA installation, with a dedicated server for HS and another for MainLobby.

All my lights are controlled via LD11 DIN modules, and a CM11 connected to HS.

Until recently (before installing the servers) I could only control the lights via the momentary switches, and all has been working fine.

Now, in the last 5 days, I have come home in the evening to find 3 lights are on (every time the same ones) at least in 4 occasions. The HS status shows they are off, the house has been empty, and nothing is in the log either... yet the lights are on...

Thoughts that I wanted to validate with you:

1. Could a power cut cause this?
    2. I doubt it could be noise on the circuit, or other X10 signals: I have 3 phases, all coupled with FD10 units, plus there is no one in the vicinity who has even heard of X10 (rural area)
    3. Could HS be triggering this, but not record the status or log it?
    4. Ghosts? :-)
    5. Should I try swapping out the modules for others, and see if the problem still exists in the different location?
    6. What about wiring a universal sender in parallel to the LD11, so that it sends out an "ON" on a specific house code, and so I could see in the HS log when the light actually came on?

Any thoughts more than welcome!!

The is "generally" cause by noise on the powerline and is nearly impossible to troubleshoot without and X10 signal meter.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, but if it were so, would it always be the same 3 lights, and apparently during the same time period (i.e. when I am away)? Could one specific LD11 be more prone to noise than others?

Comment

That's a good point. Maybe check to see if you have an event that may be triggering that you aren't expecting to. Maybe try disabling all events one day and see if the lights are still on. This way you can eliminate events from the picture.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

thanks for the suggestion. I only have very few events for the moment, since I am still in the initial stages of setup. I have already tried disabling them, but to no effect.

In any case, if an event were actually triggered, I suppose:

1. I would see something in the log
          2. The status for these lights would show on in HS, wouldn't it?

Is there a chance HS may be triggering the lights and not logging the status change? Worth rebooting the server where HS lives?

Cheers

Comment

Hi guys,

just thought I'd share the solution to this issue that I finally found, but don't laugh too much...

I eventually discovered a pattern in the way the lights were coming on, and after spending a few days with the HA server off, and the lights still coming on it suddenly came to me.

I installed activehome and cleared the CM11A memory and voilà... all problems gone.

I had purchased the CM11A second-hand, and just didn't consider there may have been some "rogue" macros still inside it.

One more lesson learned :-)

Comment

Good you found it. Did you leave the batteries in it when you plugged it in?
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

actually I never placed the batteries in the CM11, since I had read it is more reliable this way. What I had failed to consider was the memory for the macros is non-volatile, and thus with a 2nd hand CM11 the first thing to do should have been to clear the memory.

Anyway, a good session of troubleshooting is always good in terms of increasing one's general understanding of the overall system, and of the factors that affect its performance. I have learned something in the process, so it was worth the while :-)

Comment

Working...
                X