What thermostats do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What thermostats do you use?

Hi guys, I'm interested in knowing what thermostat you use and what setup you have for your heating control.

I live in Spain and have what is here a "standard" gas boiler for the hot water and radiators.

I know some countries in Europe use this system as opposed to the multi stage / heat pump / forced air / etc. HVAC systems used in the US... most information in the rest of the forum refers to multiple HVAC units and different setups and most discussions are not really that relevant to my case.

Through another thread I understood the Digimax 210 is one option for me... what else is there out there?

Cheers

Mmmm... do I take it then that no one in UK/Europe is using a thermostat with HS?

In that case, I can be a pioneer and go where no one has gone before!!

Comment

Not to say it's in any way the best choice, but I use a RFX TXB16 and have been reasonably happy with it.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I use quasars temp sensors around the house and use hs to set temperature and switch heating thermostat temp and full control is used on the touchscreens around the house.

Comment

I have been considering the HAI Omnistat. The Omnistat2 looks really cool but not sure if the extra bells/whistles are worth $300. For $100 or so less you can get the regular omnistat which does most of the basic things the v2 does but doesn't look as nice or have as nice of screen/graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim'll View Post
            I use quasars temp sensors around the house and use hs to set temperature and switch heating thermostat temp and full control is used on the touchscreens around the house.
            Jim,

what make / model is the thermostat you are using?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
              I have been considering the HAI Omnistat. The Omnistat2 looks really cool but not sure if the extra bells/whistles are worth $300. For $100 or so less you can get the regular omnistat which does most of the basic things the v2 does but doesn't look as nice or have as nice of screen/graphics.
              Heatvent, if using the regular OmniStat, do you happen to know what sort of wiring would have to be run between the thermostat and the HA server? Would the connection be serial?

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
                Jim,

what make / model is the thermostat you are using?
                http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3145.htm

Comment

Jim,
                  thanks for the link. I had a look, and I think it wouldn't apply to my case. I need to use a "proper" thermostat, so that if HS is down, the thermostat can still work on its own controlling the heating. All I am really after is the ability to control the thermostat (i.e. alter set points, schedule, etc.) and view its status via HS.

I am starting to think Proliphix looks quite nice, also considering you could still access the tstat via the network even with HS down, since it has its own little web server. The only drawback is the Proliphix-certified 24v power supply (only produced for 110v mains... and not 220v) and the fact the tstat is designed for 24v boiler control, and mine is a 2-wire mains voltage...

Comment

Working...
                  X