Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra cheap x10 motion sensors and remote controls for Australia & Europe

Hello,

After much disappointment at the price of x10 motion sensors and remote controls from x10 europe (the supplier to Australia) I decided to do a bit of research on how to use USA x10 gear with the european x10 systems, anyway here it is:

We know that x10 changed the frequency between the USA and Europe models however I think I have found a VERY VERY cheap way to overcome this limitation on compatible hardware.

By purchasing a USB CM19A wireless computer interface from eBay USA it will by default function on 310Mhz (the USA frequency). It is then possible to buy the really cheap ($25 for 3 I believe) RMS18 x10 motion sensors along with other cheap x10 USA wireless transmitting devices and use them with homeseer to trigger events on a europe cma11. I think this will be helpful for the poor europeans who currently have to pay around $50 just for a single motion sensor.

I personally have a lot invested in home automation, however I dont like paying 6x the price for what is probably just a factory variation between usa europe models.

THIS IS NOT TESTED! - Can someone else please confirm if my idea would work? Also if you are buying x10 from the USA because its cheaper, make sure you check to see that the frequency it uses it legal in your country!

That's an idea! I'm also disappointed at the price level here in Europe...

Perhaps if you already have an RFXcom receiver like I have, you can connect something like this: http://www.cheapertronics.com/produc...=64&item_id=24

If it works, it would be great!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Well I have just ordered the CM19A and RMS18 motion sensor to test it. I cannot see ANY reason why this idea wont work and im extreamly excited at how cheap everything is going to be if it works

By the way you can buy the whole CM19A computer interface USA model for around $7 US excluding shipping.

I found this online which seems to indicate that the CM19A and RMS18 are both compatible with each other:

http://www.nibblelabs.com/minimizemonkey/

Now all remains is to see if it can work with homeseer and if it will repeat the signals from the CM19A over to a CM11A computer interface which theoretically it should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by cytec View Post
        By the way you can buy the whole CM19A computer interface USA model for around $7 US excluding shipping.
        Wow! Link please!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Theres loads of us that have been using the USA stuff for years, I thought everyone knew about it.

The US frequency is not allowed in the UK but its hardly worth the police coming round to take my motion detectors away

I use the RFXcom reciever with both UK and US spec recievers installed so I can use both.

TrOjAn

Comment

THIS IS NOT TESTED! - Can someone else please confirm if my idea would work? Also if you are buying x10 from the USA because its cheaper, make sure you check to see that the frequency it uses it legal in your country!
            Yes that works, I had had a mix of US RF and UK RF since my early days with HS. Personally I use the RR501 RF Transceiver for US traffic and the TM12 for UK.

Although these work perfectly , don't buy too much at once or Customs may start taking an interest.

Also it's worth remembering that generally this sort of US stuff does not conform to European standards and the US frequency my be illegal in certain countries. However as the range is so limited, unless you are parked next to a Militery base, it should cause no problem.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
            HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
            BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
            BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
              it should cause no problem.
              hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm guess it is nice to be in the us then???
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the CM19A interface is currently working on HS 2.2? The functionality I require is getting signals from the motion detectors and forwarding that into homeseer.

If any of you do have the CM19A working on HS 2.2 can you please specify the drivers / plugin you are currently using.

Comment

Its running here with the X10 drivers

http://x10.patterson.cx/x10/

All the info you require

And more here >> http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=1831

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the CM19A interface is currently working on HS 2.2? The functionality I require is getting signals from the motion detectors and forwarding that into homeseer.

If any of you do have the CM19A working on HS 2.2 can you please specify the drivers / plugin you are currently using.
                    If this is what I think it is I use it to control X10 P&T camera mounts.

I used the drivers that came with it, but had to prevent Windows XP trying to install there own as they do not work.
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
                    BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42

Comment

This sounds very interesting. Can anyone recommend good americian based online x10 sites that ship to Europe.

Regs

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        This sounds very interesting. Can anyone recommend good americian based online x10 sites that ship to Europe.

Regs

Liam
                        There are many good US sites that will ship to Europe, I have used a few including Automated Outlet. There is also a UK based company Lazer Systems
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X