• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this helps, 4 sensors data for around 24hr period

Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

• Steve,

Are you able to look at the script I posted (if you want to use it that is), I'm getting some funny business happen with mine. I sometimes only get a few hours worth of data, strange thing is that a manual download works OK but the hour burst appear to only output some of the data - this is reflected in the saved XML file which is even weirder, it may just be my CC128 being new it has not got the full compliment of data. I could do with knowing if others are the seeing the same happen.

If its working for everyone I can look at adding further support for additional sensors if you want.

Cheers, Adam

PS Coventry eh? Enough West Mids members now for a trio - still not found another one residing in the Black Country like me though!
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
      Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

• Hi Adam

I've downloaded your script and I'm certainly going to us it (a big thanks for all your hard work so far), but won't be able to try it untill the weekend due to work commitments :-( ....

One more person from the W. midlands and we could set up our own regional user group on this forum !

Steve

Comment

• Hi Adam

I couldn't resist, so I have loaded your script and it's running, many thanks I'll post any issues in the scripting thread, many thanks again but......

.......If you are taking requests / wishes

1, Hourly data, as this is what attracted me to your last script.... daily, monthly (done) yearly yeahhhh gotta prove to the missus that all this expense is showing how ECO we are .... ergh not....

2, dare i say it with all the 'new gadgets that are promised then the full ten will need to be supported... so water (which I do now with one wire), gas ( presently I can't due to the meter type) Etc.

3, charting this data is a must.....

But hey Santa's not always bought me what i wished for ;-)... So. I've started to down load VB studio 2008 might as well jump in at the deep end and participate in this excellent utility.

Thanks again

Steve

Comment

• No problems Steve, once I have the main script running OK I can look at doing the rest (and making the original a bit more refined), I'd just like to get it stable first (think its a bit rocky at the minute, thats why its a beta) - after all it was written blind in notepad!

Hourly data is sort of supported in that the CC128 outputs the data in hour groups, where the string h004 is 0-4 hours ago, h006 4-6 hours ago etc. The strings h004 - h024 are all written to device strings in any case.

The other sensors i'm going to have a bit of a problem with, at its current rate you can get the instant sensors (3 unit codes), hourly sensors (13 or ~24 depending on which version you have), daily sensors (31) and monthly sensors (12 supported in the script, but the CC128 stores 84 months) PER sensor. For the full ten sensors you could saturate the status page and if I work it out right have approximately 590 devices! Its not problems actually accessing the data - just doing something with it!

I'm pretty sure it also stores the hour groups historically aswell (so you can say what was I using between the hour period 4-6, three days ago on sensor 2) which is another whole load of data.

I think storing them in device codes is possibly the wrong way to go about it, it may be better if I lighten the script up a bit and whenever I get the data to save it to the hard drive...then you could have an event running another script every hour or so that looks through the data and analyses it - this would free up the main script to get on with purely sampling the data - or it imports the data into a SQL database so you can query it (bit out of my league but I can give it a go). What I don't want to do is have the parsing script doing alot because the next history output comes along the serial port in ten seconds and if its missed all the data will go astray.

Charting is sort of included, I only use google charts as its free, its not drawing great graphs (I've left everything I was taught in Physics out - not labelled the axis, not put the units on etc) but its just to give an idea. Again its part of the main script which I might move away from and put it into a seperate processing script.

Any suggestions how you want me to display the data (I suppose the other way is to write an ASP page which shows the data in tables?) and i'll go for it - also any suggestion on what types of graphs you want and how they are displayed i'll welcome.
            My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

• It may / may not help but

I have have been using the cc128 (Envi) with your orignial (with my v.minor mods) script from the day it (the CC128) became available, before that I used the original CurrentCost monitor (V1) with the same script, both units gave hourly data without problems.

I only switched off my moded script along with a moded Temp08 script, plus a few Other scripts due to homeseer slowly melting down and locking up.

May be I need to take a close look at the XML data parsed from the stream

Steve

Comment

• I'll take a look, the graphs are not getting the scaling value which may be linked to the other problem you are seeing.

Can you go into your HS HTML directory, find the ccdaily, ccmonthly and cchourly XML files and post them here please? You might need to rename them as txt files for the board to accept them.

It's highly probable i've made an error somewhere or I don't fully understand the XML output - but the above should confirm it.
                My Plugins:

Comment

• Hi Guys

I think any issues with the script need to be posted in Adams scripting thread (link below), other wise support and mods etc. are going to get lost along the way

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...378#post909378

Any chance of reposting the issues?

Steve

Comment

• Already posting them in the new tread.

John

Comment

• @mrhappy, i am playing with the second currentcost (9600) and running your script in postnr99.

I am getting a error in line 90, says;

Running script, script run or compile error in file: elec2.txt430:Automation is not supported by this class: 'hs.setdevicevalue' in line 90 More info: Automation is not supported by this class: 'hs.setdevicevalue'

It sets the cc.xml in the html-dir, the unit was brand new with no figures.
                      I have the xml set with numbers and run elec2.txt, the problem is the same.

Is this because the power.ini has no data to fill.
                      Must i waite to fill up the power.ini with data from the currentcost?

Details; HS PRO 2.3.019
                      running Duch Windows XP

thanks in advance john
                      Last edited by spattex; February 18th, 2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• I got it right now, there most be data in the power.ini to fill the script.
                        I run the serport.txt once and don't close the serialport, so now i have instant data that refress every 6sec.
                        I only see a strange behavor on the display versus serial output.
                        When the power usage is 3600watts on the display, the serial output is 3300watts?
                        This manly the problem when the power is 3300 and higher?

Comment

Working...
                        X