Home Troller Series 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Troller Series 2

has anyone in the UK gone down the Home Troller route?? My current HS2 PC is in need of an upgrade (speed wise) and with the exchange rate as it currently stands (inc duty and VAT) the new Home Troller is still quite attractive compared to a new PC.

All my HS PCs have ever done is run HS so to some extent buying a PC box with all its fancy graphics and huge hard disks is a waste of money - and then you never get enough serial or USB ports!

Thoughts anyone?
    Malcolm

Jon00 did and he stated recently he simply reworked the plugin for the power change.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
        has anyone in the UK gone down the Home Troller route?? My current HS2 PC is in need of an upgrade (speed wise) and with the exchange rate as it currently stands (inc duty and VAT) the new Home Troller is still quite attractive compared to a new PC.

All my HS PCs have ever done is run HS so to some extent buying a PC box with all its fancy graphics and huge hard disks is a waste of money - and then you never get enough serial or USB ports!

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

ok - having second thoughts...

saw this
          Malcolm

Comment

You won't get 10 Watts power consumption with that!
            Jon

Comment

Anyone see any down side?
              The Price Malcolm.

That would make me suppicious for being sold in the UK, and not on ebay.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
              HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
              BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
              BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

. Anyone see any down side? Thoughts please?

Price is genuine... but they are all sold out!

Dell do regular server deals for about the same money....

I would probably still build a more select "server" using low energy bits and get 3-4 1TB drives in there...

There have been quite some changes in PC PSUs in receint times.... some are hideously inefficient unless running 85%+ loads....

D
                ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

saw this
                  Well... if reliability and efficiency are the things most important to you, then you should have second thoughts again and reconsider the HomeTroller. However, if most computing power for the money is your goal, then sure... this PC or any of a hundred more like it will probably do the trick! It all depends on your priorities.

Mark
                  Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Remember that one of the things that got me going on the HST controllers is a licenced Windows XP Pro Embedded.

A very tough and lean OS.

This trimmed back OS make these machines perform like bigger and more power hungry units.

~Bill

Comment

Another thing going for the Hometroller is that if you do have an issue, HST can replicate it on identical Hardware, which is not possible with bespoke systems.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Another thing going for the Hometroller is that if you do have an issue, HST can replicate it on identical Hardware, which is not possible with bespoke systems.
                        Good point and I know this comes from your own experience!
                        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

I use one of these:
                          http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=11721

Comment

Originally posted by djblack View Post
                            Price is genuine... but they are all sold out!

!! there were 76 in stock when i posted !!
                            Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                            X