Bargain Home Easy kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sooty View Post

You don't need to add any components to make the HE304 a dry contact relay. It is a very simple job. I will email you a photo of how I did it tomorrow.
    Would you send me the photo of how you did it as well please.

Thanks
    Simon

Comment

Sooty

I would like a picture too if this ok.

Ta

Comment

me too please Paul.

cheers
        Gary

Comment

...looks like much of the cheap B&Q kit has hit ebay....

David

PS - Paul...did you send me the picture too!??!
          Last edited by Bestgear; August 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM.
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Sorry for the silence. I have been on holiday for the last 2 weeks.

I will take a photo of the modified HE304 later today when I find the camera.

Basically, you remove the thermal fuse which is attached to the side of the relay. This is only there to protect the attached load and not the rest of the circuitry.

Cut both wires and remove the thermal fuse. Leave enough spare wire on the output side (Left hand side as viewed from front of the thermal fuse) to solder a length of wire to it. You will need to drill a small hole in the casing to pass the new wire out of the unit.

You then have an open (off) / closed (on) contact across the new wire and the old switched live output terminal.

Paul..

Comment

Hi Paul,

On the HE304 is the existing live switched output isolated (floating / not connected) when off ?

What I mean is ....could I connect it in parallel with another switched 240V live signal which would be used to overide the HE304 output keeping it on permanently ? Actually this other live signal is being supplied by an external PIR on a timed 3 minute type operation - so this could still operate - bringing the lights on if the PIR was tripped - even if the HE304 was off.

K

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotatoe View Post
                Hi Paul,

On the HE304 is the existing live switched output isolated (floating / not connected) when off ?

What I mean is ....could I connect it in parallel with another switched 240V live signal which would be used to overide the HE304 output keeping it on permanently ? Actually this other live signal is being supplied by an external PIR on a timed 3 minute type operation - so this could still operate - bringing the lights on if the PIR was tripped - even if the HE304 was off.

K
                I would probably use a 240V relay in this situation just to be safe to disconnect the HE304 output if the PIR is live.

Paul..

Comment

I mentioned this in post #36, but i've had some reasonably good results from connecting the wall switches to a relay output (then driven from the K8055, although you could use anything).

I stripped out the circuit board from the lampholder and then put terminal block on the end of it and built it into a ceiling light.

If anyone is interested its a cheap micro-module esque way of switching outputs from HS and you could do it from the parallel port if needed.
                  My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                  Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Hi,

I was thinking of getting these as backups - does anyone know if these use the HomeEasy protocol.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...lenotsupported
                    ("Byron Easy On Easy Off")

Thanks,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                      Hi,

I was thinking of getting these as backups - does anyone know if these use the HomeEasy protocol.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...lenotsupported
                      ("Byron Easy On Easy Off")

Thanks,
                      John
                      Hi John

Bert is probably the man to reply, but from memory, these dont use the HE protocol.

I asked Byron/HE and they look like a cheaper option that was introduced pre xmas as a special...and promptly discontinued.

There have been three packs of HE302's on ebay over the last week or so... worth just waiting for them.

David
                      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Thanks David - that was my initial thoughts but thought I'd check.

I have posted the same question in the Rfxcom plugin forum.

Thanks,
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                          Thanks David - that was my initial thoughts but thought I'd check.

I have posted the same question in the Rfxcom plugin forum.

Thanks,
                          John
                          John,

If it's some HE302's you're after, then I have 2 packs of 3 with remotes that you can have for a small donation to charity. I'm getting some serious grief about my ever increasing collection of redundant HA gear.

They are brand new in the packs and the white variant. These are the early models which I think are better when used in banks of 2 or 3. (Ask David about this)

I bought them in a fit of madness one day, and actually I don't need them any more because I use the HE109 double sockets just about everywhere now.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'll send you a PM

Comment

Paul,
                              if you have any more HE stuff you would like to offload can you let me know.

Thanks
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X