No announcement yet.

Where to buy Z-Wave in Europe (not UK)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Z-Wave in Europe (not UK)?

As the title asks, where can I buy Z-wave equipment in Europe?
    Here in Norway it's unreasonable expensive...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Show me somewhere in Europe where ZWave is not unreasonably expensive! Afraid can't really help, know a few in the UK (is the problem the socket & plug not being UK?) but I think the choice across Europe is pretty poor.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Here are a couple, the definition of 'cheap' or 'expensive' is in the eye of the beholder.

http://www.zwave.gr/index.php (greece)
      http://ww.ezhome.nl (netherlands)
      http://www.home4u-store.com/ (germany)
      http://www.zwave4u.de/ (germany)
      http://www.homeestore.com/ (denmark)
      http://www.domotica-shop.nl (netherlands)

Comment

Thank you both!

It seems you're right: It's not only in Norway that Z-Wave is expensive. Given that Norway is a rather "expensive" country to live in, I assumed that the prices on Z-wave was in the "higher range" too. Now I'm not so sure...

But why are the prices double or more in EU compared to US? Is Z-wave more expensive to produce for 220V?!

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        (is the problem the socket & plug not being UK?)
        Yeah, that's the problem.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

In France, you can buy http://www.planete-domotique.com/

It's a very serious website.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            Thank you both!

It seems you're right: It's not only in Norway that Z-Wave is expensive. Given that Norway is a rather "expensive" country to live in, I assumed that the prices on Z-wave was in the "higher range" too. Now I'm not so sure...

But why are the prices double or more in EU compared to US? Is Z-wave more expensive to produce for 220V?!

Yeah, that's the problem.
            Just about everything is more expensive in Europe than it is in the US. I can't see a valid reason for this other than market forces.

3 years ago I bought a new (European brand) car here in the UK and after a great deal of haggling I got about 10% off the list price. We went on holiday to the US about 2 months after I got the car and just happened to pass a dealership of the same brand, so I thought I would call in and compare the price.

At that time the exchange rate was approximately 1.80 USD to 1 GBP. Once all the US taxes had been added on, I could still have bought the exact same car in the US for 30% less than I paid here.

I expect the reason for it is that the European market will stand the high prices and the US market won't.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              I expect the reason for it is that the European market will stand the high prices and the US market won't.
              That can only be true if Europeans are generally richer than americans. I don't know if that's true or not...

Comment

I think the answer is there is very little market compared to the US, coupled with a voltage difference - add to that more stringent RF harmonisation requirements (and the difference in plugs/sockets) and you have something that is not particularly high on the list of manufacturers to make in quantities.

Have you checked the HS store? When I worked it out they were still cheaper than ordering them in the UK, not a fantastic choice of modules but better than nothing.

If you really want to see expensive look at the MK Astral range of ZWave, about 350 Euro for a single light switch - after that anything is inexpensive!
                My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

There's nothing wrong with X10
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    There's nothing wrong with X10
                    I know. 85% of my setup is X10. The oterh 15% is RF with RFXCOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      Of course it is.... It's only 110V here, so double the voltage, double the price...

G
                      (a Brit living in the US)

Comment

Hehehe! That makes sense!

Comment

Working...
                        X