Big Homeasy discounts at B&Q!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Homeasy discounts at B&Q!

---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Thanks for the heads up...i'll get myself across tommorow and see whats left, if theres anything decent left i'll buy what I can (I did make a promise to avoid buying HA stuff, i've automated pretty much all I can) and look at getting the RFXCOM
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

And its a shame about Maplin, I bought my first X10 stuff from them (a mini timer kit, probably in about 2001?) and the modules are still working...if only they dropped the price I think they could've taken X10 onto the High Street and it become a little more commonplace...but alas.
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Yep, thanks for the info David.

I will pop in tomorrow and take a shufty. At those prices, it would be worth to have a few spares.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Hope it works out for you guys... worth visiting a couple of B&Qs probably as the two I was in had different prices!

Also, look closely at the prices for the kits, as for example, a socket rocket with a magnetic switch together was same price as mag switch on its own. Same again with outdoors mains sockets... same price for socket as it is for socket and external pir....

Anyway, its worth a look.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
            Hope it works out for you guys... worth visiting a couple of B&Qs probably as the two I was in had different prices!

Also, look closely at the prices for the kits, as for example, a socket rocket with a magnetic switch together was same price as mag switch on its own. Same again with outdoors mains sockets... same price for socket as it is for socket and external pir....

Anyway, its worth a look.

David
            My Plugins:

Comment

I have tried two warehouse stores. One had no discounting at all and in the other, a lot of the kit had sold out. My observations are the same, in that the pricing is bizarre. In a couple of cases two devices together selling for a price lower than any of them individually!

Still, picked up a couple of items and saved a several pounds, so thanks again.

John

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                  I have tried two warehouse stores. One had no discounting at all and in the other, a lot of the kit had sold out. My observations are the same, in that the pricing is bizarre. In a couple of cases two devices together selling for a price lower than any of them individually!

Still, picked up a couple of items and saved a several pounds, so thanks again.

John
                  Glad you got some bargains... its niice whe it works out!

Comment

I've secured myself some of the mag contacts, I went to another B&Q, surprise surprise the pricing was completely different.

Time for the experimenting to begin, as I don't have the RFXCOM (yet, perhaps soon) i'm going to go for a temp solution of some night lights plugged into the appliance modules, then stick a photo transistor to the front of the night light and then into a spare digital input. Not sure how successful i'm going to be though!
                    My Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      I've secured myself some of the mag contacts, I went to another B&Q, surprise surprise the pricing was completely different.

Time for the experimenting to begin, as I don't have the RFXCOM (yet, perhaps soon) i'm going to go for a temp solution of some night lights plugged into the appliance modules, then stick a photo transistor to the front of the night light and then into a spare digital input. Not sure how successful i'm going to be though!

Thats a bit of a long way for a shortcut, but sure it will work.

RFXCOM works great with these modules... I use one mag contact inside my doorbell... fridge and freezer doors etc.. very handy.

At least you found some at, presumably a fiver?

D

Comment

Yep they were a fiver each but only had two left, bought another PIR+Socket combo for good measure...more to add to the cupboard of barely used HA stuff!

I'm thinking of sticking one of the mag contacts to the front of my gas meter to measure the useage as my old method was getting inaccurate, the fridge is a good idea...I know there is a wheel on the back to set the delay, do you know if the magnet stays off the switch whether you get the off transmission? Just wondering whether you can sense actually when the reed switch is open or you just get a trigger when the switch changes to open.
                        My Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          do you know if the magnet stays off the switch whether you get the off transmission? Just wondering whether you can sense actually when the reed switch is open or you just get a trigger when the switch changes to open.
                          Hi - they only transmit when there is a state change, so ideal really.

D

Comment

FYI: The latest version of the RFXCOM plug-in supports now the house codes A to Z for HomeEasy units.
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=19

Comment

Just thought that I would add trhat I was told in B&Q today that the Homeeasy range was discontinued, so all stock will continue to be gradually reduced until all gone, so will be worth watching.

I see the vultures on ebay are selling much of the range at or above what was list price!

David

Comment

Working...
                              X