No announcement yet.

Big Homeasy discounts at B&Q!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know this stuff worked with homeseer, is it std x10 commands or do I need additional hardware connected to my homeseer pc?

Comment

The RFXCOM plug-in with the 433.92MHz RFXCOM RFXmitter and receiver enables you to control HomeEasy and receive HomeEasy remotes and RF stick-on wall switches (and a lot more like Oregon sensors).

Do not use the HE motion sensors and door/window switches because they produce too much and too long RF (3 to 5 seconds and 20 to 50 packets!)
      Better is to use the MS13 and DS90 or even better the 868.95MHz Visonic sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
        Do not use the HE motion sensors and door/window switches because they produce too much and too long RF (3 to 5 seconds and 20 to 50 packets!)
        Better is to use the MS13 and DS90 or even better the 868.95MHz Visonic sensors.
        Interesting comment about the HE window/door sensor.

I just purchased 2 and they are working ok with RFX.

I notice you do not mention the DS10, I can asure you that is a nightmare to get working.

I will have a look at the ones you have suggested.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
        HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
        BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
        BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Due to the large amount of RF transmitted other sensor signals can be disturbed.

The HE (HomeEasy) sensors work perfect in a stand-alone configuration or when the sensor signal is used in a Home Automation system to start actions that do not result in a RF transmit command.
          The HE sensor do not work so good in a Home Automation configuration where the HE sensors are used to trigger events that results in a transmit command you will have a big delay.

This is the receive - transmit chain:
          Code:
          HE sensor => RFXCOM 433.92 receiver => Homeseer => RFXCOM 433.92 transmitter => RF command
                              |                                   |
                               ===== handshake connection =======
          To avoid RF collisions the transmitter will always wait until the receiver does not receive any RF command. If the transmitter would start immediatly the RF signals of the HE sensor and the RFXCOM transmitter are both disturbed.

If the sensor transmits for a short period of time like the X10 sensors the transmit delay is about half a second while with HE sensors the transmit delay will be 3 to 5 seconds and this is not what you want.

This configurations will operate perfect when using a HE sensor:
          HE sensor => RFXCOM 433.92 receiver => Homeseer => any action without using a 433.92 transmitter. For example CM11 or Z-Wave.

Comment

Comment

---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
              X