Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller ID - UK

Hi all,

When I set the Way2Call up originally, I managed to get HiPhone Caller ID passed through to the house phones - but only after I had fitted a power supply. Then it stopped working.

I read up on the forums, and found that another Master socket fitted to the output of the Way2Call could be required in the UK, so this morning I have been experimenting:

1. One forum thread mentioned turning "Mute calls only until Caller-ID available" to 'No' to get caller ID to the phones. Mine was set to 'Yes', so I changed it. That actually worked. I tried it 'Yes' and 'No' a few times, and that one MUST be set to 'No'.
    2. I tried with another Master socket after the HiPhone. That made no difference at all, and I only got Caller-ID to the phones when "Mute calls only until Caller-ID available" was set to 'No'. Disconnected for ever !
    3. I tried setting "Use external power (Yes)' to 'NO', and once again I lost Caller-ID to the house phones. Resetting it to 'Yes' gave me Caller-ID to the house phones again.

So, to recap, to get Caller-ID to my house phones, I only need an external power supply for the HiPhone, and the HS3 setting 'Yes' to use it, and "Mute calls only until Caller-ID available" set to 'No'.

Does that sound about right ? Does any other HS2 or 3 HiPhone user in the UK have good Caller-ID to their phones ? Did you need the extra Master socket ?

Well it looks like you are having better luck than me. I can get CID on to the phones but not in to Homeseer. I think I need to mess a little with the settings and see if it helps.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi,

The Caller-ID works all the time here for HomeSeer, it has only been the Caller-ID pass through to the phones that was intermittent.

I don't suppose it will be the power supply for you, as Homeseer could see the Caller-ID even without the psu. That only affected the pass through to the phones

If you want to compare settings, let me know.

Do you have the latest firmware on the HiPhone ?

Comment

Oh, and are you wired up so that the house phones are plugged in to the output of the HiPhone ?

Mine are presently bodge wired with a selection of cables and adapters, so I was surprised it all works as well as it does ! Now I seem to have Caller-ID pass through, it's time for a proper installation. Pity the weekends over

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
          Oh, and are you wired up so that the house phones are plugged in to the output of the HiPhone ?
          I have attempted it with and without with no luck. I used this with HS2 but the Way2Call has been sitting doing nothing for a bit so I thought I would bet this working.
          Can you tell me the pinout of the cable you are using from the master socket to the Way2Call so I can check I do not have the wrong one in there as I have lots of different ones. HS is detecting the rings but not the CID.

Thanks,

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

I remembered that I have made a modification to my home phone system that **could** have something to do with Caller-ID working on my house phones.

I have Sky cable broadband. When I installed it, it connected at the claimed speed of 24 Mb/s, but kept dropping out just when I wanted to use it. Since I have the standard BT NTE5 master socket, I reasoned that the house phones were connected internally to the NTE5, and the external Sky modem filter was plugged in to the front of the NTE5, which is AFTER the house phone wiring, not BEFORE it which is not good.

My system was wired up like this:

NTE5 - Has house phone wiring internally connected. Broadband Micro filter is plugged in to the front of the NTE5, and the filter has two outputs:

1. One output goes to internet modem.
            2. Other output for house phones not used.

I disconnected the lower front plate of the NTE5 (Which only has the house phone wiring connected to it, and can be removed for test purposes), and plugged the modem filter directly into the jack at the back of the NTE5 which is directly conncted to the incoming BT phone line - internet speed jumped up to 30+Mb/s, and it was stable (No house phones connected).

I then disconnected the house phone wiring from the lower front plate, and attached a longer cable with a standard BT jack plug on the end of the house phone wiring, and plugged the house phone wiring in to the phone port on the external modem filter. Hey presto - higher than expected speed broadband at 32.87 Mb/s with no drop outs, and a working house phone. I then refitted the NTE5 front plate (Without house wiring internally connected), and plugged the house wiring in to the external filter.

As a test, if you have a NTE5 master socket, you can disconnect the front lower cover (This is quite legal, it only has your home phone wiring connected to it - just don't touch the wires that connect into the rear of the NTE5, as they are the BT incoming circuits) and plug a microfilter into the NTE5 rear socket. If you plug your internet modem, HiPhone, and house phone into that, do you get faster internet, and Caller-ID on the house phones ? (Don't forget the other bits in earlier posts about needing a psu for the HiPhone etc).

My system with the HiPhone is now wired up like this:

NTE5 - Broadband Micro filter is plugged in and it has two outputs:

1. One output goes to internet modem.
            2. Other output goes to HiPhone. Output of HiPhone loops back, and house phones plug in to that.

The present wiring really is a total bodge, with standard two and four core rj11 cables, and multiple adapters between the master socket in the hall, and the HiPhone in the garage. And it still works

I hope there is some useful info there. The NTE5 may well be your problem, but there is a test, and a solution.

Comment

Hi Tim,

I am just having no luck with the CID in to HS. Can you bell out the cables you are using and tell me what pin is connected to what?
              What firmware and drivers are you using.

I am about to have another go but have spent hours on this and I just dont get it as I had it working in HS2 but I have moved my system to near the master socket for use in HS3 and it is not working?

Thanks for your help.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Did you try plugging the Way2Call directly into the NTE5 with the bottom plate removed from the NTE5, and house phone wiring disconnected ?

My present Way2Call wiring was done as a proof of concept test. That means it's all over the floor, and it's a right mess

My set up really is as simple as a few spare RJ12 cables joined together with RJ12 adaptors to get the length I needed between the phone master socket and the HS3 PC - I really need to do the proper wiring for this before the Missus clubs me to death

Anyway, it presently goes:

1. BT filter plugged in to NTE5.
                2. Broadband router plugged into this microfilter.
                3. BT (Male)/RJ12 (Female) adapter plugged into microfilter for phones.
                4. RJ12 to RJ12 cable plugged in to BT/RJ12 adapter.
                5. RJ12 adapter and another length of RJ12 to RJ12 cable plugged in.
                6. This cable plugs in to the LINE port on the Way2Call.
                7. Another RJ12 to RJ12 cable plugs into the Way2Call PHONE port.
                8. RJ12 adapter and another length of RJ12 to RJ12 cable plugged in.
                9. RJ12 to BT female adapter plugged in at other end
                10. House phone wiring (BT plug male) plugs into this.

Due to the bodge nature of this wiring, I'm astounded it works ! If I have to bell out the cables, it will have to wait until the weekend, so I hope you can sort this out before then.

Thoughts:
                11. I have only one phone plugged into the extension - but this phone has three satellites (Four phones in all).
                12. My previous post explained what I had done to the house phone wiring to get my broadband stable.
                13. Since your CID works to your phones, it sounds like you are bypassing the Way2Call. How is yours wired up ?

It could still be the PC drivers, so I will carry on and check.

14. My Way2Call is the desktop version with 6 LED's. I updated it with the latest firmware from Way2Call as soon as I received it. Details are:

wUsbFw.exe version 1.0.1.1 - Is the Firmware Upgrade Tool executable.
                ScLoad.sys version 1.5.1.9 - Is the Kernel Firmware Loader.
                ScUsbLoader.inf file size: 3,044 bytes, April 02 2009.

15. I am using a Win7 PC. Drivers were downloaded from Way2Call. The file is w2cMDPackage20116.1-32.zip

16. Win7 Device Manager shows the Way2Call as "Hi-Phone Desktop USB" and shows it has MicroSoft driver 6.1.7601.18208. There is also "Hi-Phone Desktop USB Aux" with the same driver.

Another thought:

17. Can you connect to Homeseer from the house phone using the # key ? Mine states the "Internal call settings/ answer prompt" message from Tools/Setup/Phone.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for all the info.

Yes I have been in to the master socket and replaced the filters and yes the phones are through the w2c. The drivers are the same but where did you find the firmware as I cant find that version.

I will have a look at this again in a day or so when I get more time.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Hi,

The actual firmware is 4.2.36 from:

http://www.way2call.com/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=28

And the file is called w2cUsbFw20091118.zip

Rather odd that it has those numbers in the readme.txt

Comment

Ok I downgraded as I was on 4.2.38 so I am now on 4.2.36 but still no luck. I can call in and HS answers and I can leave a message but no CID.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

It does sound like an issue between the Way2Call and the pc. The phone wiring must be OK to get caller ID to the house phones. The external call also proves that Homeseer can communicate via the USB connection with the Way2Call.

Did you check the other way, to see if you can connect to Homeseer from an internal house phone using the # key ?

This looks like a driver or config issue with the Way2Call, but then you had it working with HS2 ! Very odd

Tim

Comment

Hi Greig,

Does the Way2Call test wizard work with your device ? That should prove if the drivers are OK.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                            Hi Greig,

Does the Way2Call test wizard work with your device ? That should prove if the drivers are OK.

Tim
                            Yes it works fine. I think I have tried everything I can think of in every way possible but still no CID in HS. It passes through to the phones when they are plugged in to the W2C so it is going in to the unit but there is some setting or somewhere that is stopping it getting to HS. I even have two W2C modems and have tested them both with the same results.
                            I did import my setup from HS2 so I wander if it is something in there that is messing it up.
                            If you use the test wizard do you get CID displaying in there as I get the ring pattern showing but no CID. If you do get it then this would show its the W2C setup and not HS.

Thanks for your help.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

I can't see how to test CID with the test wizard. Can you explain what you want me to try ?

I did find the Way2call tapi setup, and that shows this:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X