Rec Tec WiFi grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rec Tec WiFi grill

I found some scripts on github that work with the rec tec WiFi controlled pellet smoker. They have a json file and some python things to get it talking to Alexa. Is there an easy way to incorporate this into homeseer?

https://github.com/SDNick484/rectec_status

This may work with blazn grills. They both use roanoke controllers and point to the same cloud service.

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
      I found some scripts on github that work with the rec tec WiFi controlled pellet smoker. They have a json file and some python things to get it talking to Alexa. Is there an easy way to incorporate this into homeseer?

https://github.com/SDNick484/rectec_status
      Yes, I am 80% done with a full Tuya device implementation. I've not seen your unit, but in theory it should be detected like any other device and get devices added to HS. I should have a beta ready in a few weeks if you want to try it. Note due to Tuya cloud design; you will have to either control your devices with the SmartLife App OR HomeSeer, there isn't a way to register a device so that the native app and HS could control it at the same time. But as this works with HS mobile (etc) that shouldn't be much of a limitation.
      Last edited by bsobel; August 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

That sounds great. My complaint with their native app is that you have to have the phone on and the app open to get an alert. Not very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
          That sounds great. My complaint with their native app is that you have to have the phone on and the app open to get an alert. Not very useful.
          Hi Rico,

Below is a note I sent to the others asking about Tuya control. If you are open, would love to have you test this out and let me know how it works with the BBQ. One of the devices I've not been able to get yet!

Best
          Bill

Hi. I now have account creation and deletion done, so its ready for testing. Now the usual disclaimers, this is a beta version, there is very likely to be problems. I am, however, running it full time on my system as well.

http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt

Put that file into your HS directory then the updater should pick it up and let you install from there. Go into the configuration page, add an account and validate it (after you enter your email/password Tuya will email you a confirmation code). Post that you can begin linking devices to the account. Remember that due to how Tuya does their backend, devices you add to this account will be 'different' than devices in the SmartLife app (even if you use the same email address). So you will not be able to use the SmartLife app to control any devices added here, but you could then use HSMobile, ImperiHome, etc to control all of your devices (Tuya and others) in the same place.

Please please send me any feedback, issues, concerns, suggestions, etc

Best
          Bill
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

I just saw this post. I’ll give it a try in the next day or so.

Comment

Rico I'm thinking about upgrading my 680 to the new WiFi controller, and ran across this post. Any update on how this works for the grill?

Comment

Originally posted by flick View Post
                Rico I'm thinking about upgrading my 680 to the new WiFi controller, and ran across this post. Any update on how this works for the grill?
                I haven't tried the homeseer integration yet, but the wifi controller is a great addition either way!

Comment

Working...
                X