Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Echo Skill In Canada

Hi,

Will we have to wait 5 months (like in the UK ) to get the Homeseer Alexa Skill in Canada ?

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean. I'm using the homeseer alexa skill now...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Me too. But the Skill is not available in amazon Canada.

It works because it was used first in the us.

-If I delete the Skill I won’t be able to find it again in the amazon Alex skillz library.
      -When I press on the Skill in ‘’my skill’’
      Section nothing happens

-I am afraid to press the button to discovers new device, I do not want to lost my devices.( Edit: can run discovery without problem)

Since the us app works when we move to the Canadian store...I guess it will be easy to add the HS3 Alexa Skill to canada .
      Last edited by MattL0; November 23rd, 2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I just ordered two Amazon Echo Dots here in Canada, they ship December 5th. Prime reason I ordered them was to use them to control HS3.. now reading this I'm concerned I won't be able to use then with HS3 after all? How are you other Canadians able to use it here in Canada if the Skill isn't available yet?

Comment

You have to create a us amazon account . Then Download the homeseer Skill . Then revert you Amazon Alexa to Canada ( there are tutorial online for changing country with Alexa) .

The us HS3 Skill will works on the Canadian market. But do not delete it.

It is temporary until homeseer create one for canada

Comment

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I've used the Homeseer skill from day one along with Jon's Alexa helper and the regular Alexa skill Smarthome skill.
            My understanding for when Alexa comes to Canada is that the Smarthome skill will allow us to use local geographic information and more once we set it within Amazon. So for now, since I registered my dot with Amazon, I picked the closest U.S. location for me which is Ogdensburg NY. So when I ask Alexa for the outside temperature, it says "The temperature for Ogdensburg is...."
            My thought is that after it comes to Canada, it will say "The temperature for Ottawa is ...." Along with the ability to check Air Canada flights, Spotify... etc.

Can you tell me why your understanding is that Homeseer needs to create a new skill to work in Canada since the current one already does?

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The ''homeseer home automation skill'' does not work in English Canada.

I switched back my account to us and english us. Because of this... and because Of the Tile app ( wich didn't work with engish Canada too).
              I'll wait untill the skills i need are available in Canada.

For Homeseer... i guess they will create the Canada skills in the same time they release a version that works with V3 Alexa api functionalities.

Comment

For me... switching to Canada works perfectly. Just changed my location yesterday and no issues with either skill. Mind you, I didn't re-add or anything since I had already added the skill.

Robert

Comment

I have a 1st Generation Amazon Echo. Since December 5, 2017, there are issues with this device since it does not present the language of English (Canada) as an available option. I've noticed too, that my HomeSeer skill no longer works, in that I cannot get a result from "Tell HomeSeer to . . .", preventing me from running events, etc. However, my discovered devices still respond to "Turn On/Off" which suggests the API connection is still working.

Amazon isn't being very cooperative in dealing with their Canadian customers. I expect differently from HomeSeer.

Randy

Comment

i received 2 echo dots and 1 echo yesterday only to find out that i cannot get the homeseer skill in Canada.
                    called Amazon.ca and was told not to worry they are working on getting all skills ported over to Canada ( LOL ) english is english is it not ?
                    i told the support person that these devices are of no use to me know and i do not want to wait 6 months to years to see it appear in canada.
                    they are getting shipped back to Amazon today.
                    looks like google is going to get a go at it next.
                    Paul.

Comment

Why is there no update to this and HomeSeer is just ignoring everyone? The instructions do NOT work. I have 4 Echo dots I bought in Miami a year ago, worked fine. Now that Alexa is in Canada, it says you MUST change to Canadian English you cannot use US English at all. If you do pick US English and then go to Smart Home skills it says the language is wrong and to change it to Canadian English. Canadian English shows 43 smart home skills and not one is HomeSeer. I tried putting it back to US and again there's no HomeSeer skill at all.

Finally gave up after an hour, making an account in the US does not do anything as the Alexa app just says "We have detected your location as English (Canada) please change your language setting before you can use SmartHome skills." and then says something about it won't understand me if I set it to US English and speak Canadian English. Called Amazon they said this is entirely HomeSeer that isn't supporting it and that it should work fine. They told me to complain to HomeSeer and ask they hurry up to fix this issue, that it's nothing to do with Amazon.

HomeSeer clearly is falling behind in the home automation space, and being taken over by much easier to use platforms that actually work. The fact they are ignoring this shows how bad they are doing I guess since this is pretty awful customer service. Since I'm not big on having HomeSeer waste my time, we decided to fully get rid of it and will be using something else, that actually you know, works?
                      Last edited by 416to305; December 19th, 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

So I know you can change the voice to American English through the Alexa app on your phone. I just did it - I prefer the soft American voice to the Canadian one actually...
                        When I first started with the dot a year ago, I selected a U.S address - actually Ogdensburg UPS store address. Never had a problem.
                        Changed it to my Canadian address when it came to Canada - no problem. Even tested it going back - again no problem.
                        You need to log into Amazon and specify your location in it first.

I honestly think Homeseer is doing their best with all issues here. Remember that they're not Google or Amazon and don't have their resources.

Robert

Comment

I have one Amazon Echo 1st Generation and 2 recently purchased Echo Dots. On each device, I set my location and Time Zone to Newfoundland but set the language to English-US, which is required for the HomeSeer Skill. My Amazon Account has my country set to "Canada". Most things work, and what doesn't, I can live with.

Comment

Amazon was less than helpful and HomeSeer just stated that they can't release it in Canada at the moment, and then ignored any follow ups.

Comment

Just imagine you livein Montreal!

Echo is due to arrive in France (in french of course!)
                              I supose HS3 will be stricly unable to dothe job!

Comment

Working...
                              X