Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Alexa is not available as a speaker client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

That's what I'm talking about! A truly Alexa-fied house, commands in, unprompted notifications out. And the option to change her voice to a HAL 9000. "Bit flatter please, Hal." "Just a minute...just a minute..."
    I was thinking of "This is the voice of Colossus, this is the voice of Guardian, we are one..."

Comment

Check out this thread on using Polly to create a speech file from text. that file gets sent to an echo device, works nicely. If you use the same phrases a lot, which we typically do, they get cached locally and only messages with new or different text have to get generated going forward.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...g-amazon-polly

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I got Polly working to generate the files, but I didn't see anything about how to get the file to an echo devices -- is there an additional reference perhaps?

Comment

Sorry, when I ran into a problem with Alexa skills no longer working I moved everything over to Sonos and Google. I forgot that I also combined Polly with the solution in this thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...home-assistant
          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
            Google Home Mini can be used as a speaker client
            How?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

How?
              Chromecast plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Chromecast plugin
                It works, but it lags a good 2+ seconds behind native windows and android / ios speaker clients.... resulting in an annoyong echo. Even the GH devices arent synced with each other.... but still better than nothing.....hoping the 'Zon allows synced announcements soon.
                My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

You can use Alexa as a speaker client using Python.

Here running it as a media and speaker client on Home Assistant and it's been doing well. I can also now integrate it to MQTT and have HS send out the stuff to HA for the speaker client.

What is nice is that you can use any one Echo for this or all of them or even use motion sensing to trigger the right echo to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	script.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1303206

Name:	automation.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1303207

Here one Dot is connected to the Russound system and the audio is mixed with HS3 speaker (multiple runs of SAPI speaker going).
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    You can use Alexa as a speaker client using Python.

Here running it as a media and speaker client on Home Assistant and it's been doing well. I can also now integrate it to MQTT and have HS send out the stuff to HA for the speaker client.

What is nice is that you can use any one Echo for this or all of them or even use motion sensing to trigger the right echo to use.

Name:	script.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1303206

Name:	automation.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1303207

Here one Dot is connected to the Russound system and the audio is mixed with HS3 speaker (multiple runs of SAPI speaker going).
                    So what prevents the python code from being used to build a plug-in?

Comment

A Homeseer user here has already posted doing Alexa TTS running the Python code from Homeseer. I tested it to work fine.

You do not need a plugin to do this; you just execute the script to do TTS.

The issue I had running the script in Homeseer was relating to the cookies and a manual configuration using the login cookies.

The Home Assistant python script was fixed such that you only have to log in once to Amazon for this to work.

First time you log in it comes up with a standard login then an authentication image.

Read over here about it.

Alexa Media Player
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm using node-red and this great plugin https://github.com/586837r/node-red-...-alexa-remote2
                        I have it setup so that Homeseer writes the Text to be spoken, the volume level, and the echo device names to a MQTT topic, this is monitored by node-red which triggers the flow to send the TTS to my devices.

Comment

Like Megaman I use a node-red module to do this. I have a node-red server running on a raspberry pi and use a number of alexa specific node-red modules including the alexa-remote2 module. I can then use the excellent mcsMQTT plugin to publish a topic (in response to an HS event like a door open)and this triggers the node-red function which then relays the associated message to my Alexa speaker(s) for announcement.
                          The only problem I have found is that the node-red module seems to 'time-out' from Alexa after a day or 2 and requires manual intervention to re-establish a connection. I am currently investigating that problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X