Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom invocation - can I confirm that this must be two words?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom invocation - can I confirm that this must be two words?

I setup a custom invocation using a developer account some time ago. It has since broken, and from reading posts I suspect that this has something to do with the term literal in the scripts. I am just wading into this to see if I can fix it, trying to piece it together based on the many posts. However, as I start this process I now see that the custom invocation requires two words minimum. Although I had this working with one word once, does this mean I have to update it to two words in order to make the changes to get it working - or am I somehow grandfathered based on my previous skill? Thanks.

My invitation please is TEN. I just say,. Alexa ask TEN to turn on all Christmas lights
    tenholde

Comment

A-ha - in the develop screens it says that "it should be two or more words", not that it has to be two or more words. I thought that they had changed something but I was wrong. Has anyone updated the instructions since the changes were made at the end of 2016 that caused the original approach to fail. I am trying to follow the posts from that time that provide instructions for the custom slot - but the screens in the developer web site have changed and I can't figure out what goes where. I have attached images of what I see now. If anyone can provide some pointers on how to complete this and get it working I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Simon:

Yes, Amazon has definitely changed the development skill user interface in the past year. One of the points of issue has been the usage of "literals" and my understanding is that Amazon no longer supports this unless you are one of the ones that were grandfathered in. In other words, if you created the developer account before they stopped supporting the "literals" then you can still use it, if after then you're out of luck.

I for one created mine before and it still works as it did before. I have since created another developer account and it does not work as it gives a warning something to the extent of "Amazon.Literal" is not accepted. I have not spent the time to see if there is a workaround.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Well I definitely created my developer account before the changeover. Is it possible that someone could post what I should be doing in the new interface so I can recreate my custom skill and get my custom invocation up and running again? Thanks.

Comment

Good. I can work with you to compare settings. I'll connect with you soon.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
            X