Alexa not discovering plug in devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa not discovering plug in devices

I am using the latest version of HS3 Pro, 3.0..0.460. Alexa discovers all of my X10, Zwave, devices but does not discover the Plug In devices generated by BLAB8SS and RFXCom. All devices are setup with voice control checked. I am thinking that perhaps the non discovery by Alexa is somehow associated with the fact that the devices in question were generated and "Pushed into" the Device Set by the Plug In rather than being generated from the Device Homeseer page. If so, is there any work around that I can use to get Alexa to see the plug-in generated Devices?

I am having the same issue. The RFXCom plug-in controls my Somfy shades. My shade devices created by the plug-in are not being discovered during Alexa’s scan for new devices. I have confirmed that voice command is checked on the device configuration page.

Comment

I do not think RFXcom devices are directly controllable. My LightwaveRF devices are not controllable, never have been and am pretty sure I asked at the time and they werent controllable. Just set up a scene, make that that it is enabled for voice control. The other option I use is create a virtual device which you make voice controllable. Then either link it to the RFXcom device, or create a scene

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        I do not think RFXcom devices are directly controllable. My LightwaveRF devices are not controllable, never have been and am pretty sure I asked at the time and they werent controllable. Just set up a scene, make that that it is enabled for voice control. The other option I use is create a virtual device which you make voice controllable. Then either link it to the RFXcom device, or create a scene
        Outstanding!!! Thank you very much. I created a virtual device for my Somfy shades with voice control checked. It was discovered during an Alexa device scan. I then created an Alexa routine so that I can say Alexa, Raise the Shades or Alexa, Lower the Shades (which is my preset down position). Works great!

Comment

Working...
        X