Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No HS devices discovered after forgetting all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No HS devices discovered after forgetting all.

I had 131 devices in my alexa account, a mix of HS and others. I reviewed my HS settings and unchecked Voice control on the devices that did not need to be controlled by Alexa. But many still have voice control checked (for lights and switches...etc). On the web page I clicked a "forget all" device. I did a discovery and only my Non-HS devices showed up (11 devices). NONE of the HS devices are found (the ones with Voice controlled checked). I also disabled and re-enbaled both HS skills, run discovery and still no luck. I'm running Ver. 3.0.0.500 (Windows). Any suggestions?

I noticed the same thing yesterday morning. After restarting HS3, rebooting Windows, and disable/enable the skill it still would not discover any new or forgotten devices. I opened a support ticket and was informed the ticket would be assigned to another technician to investigate bc others were reporting the issue.

Comment

Same problem here. I sent email to HomeSeer tech support.

Comment

Nuts! I have the exact same problem. I had one light switch that quit responding, and I removed it from Homeseer and re-added it. Alexa would not discover it. I finally did the "forget all" function from alexa.amazon.com thinking I would get a clean discovery of all of my devices. Now, only the non-Homeseer devices are discovered (i.e. Xbox and Yamaha Stereo).

I depend on the voice activation. This is a big problem. Thanks.

Comment

I got in touch with HS Support this morning and spoke with Tyler, who was great!

Here is my scenario:

This past weekend, I experienced some issues with my Z-Wave devices in Homeseer. I don't know what caused it, but the Z-wave plug-in was apparently having some issues. I thought simply rebooting my HS3 computer would fix the problem, but Tyler explained that I should have tried disabling and re-enabling the Z-wave plug-in first. Then he instructed me to go to Manage Plug-ins->Zwave->Controller management and look at the status icon next to my Z-wave interface. If it is anything but the green check-mark, then it has an issue, and I should click it to turn off the interface and then click it again to re-enable it.

I went through these steps and then disabled voice control for all of my HS3 devices. I then enabled voice control for a single device and went back to the Amazon interface. I disabled the HS3 Smarthome Skill, re-enabled it and linked it to myhs3.homeseer.com account. I then told it to discover devices, and it found the one I enabled. He advised me to add a few or even half of my devices back and re-discover to make sure that they were discovered by Amazon properly. I am in the process of doing that now, but so far, so good.

This was great information, and I am moving forward again. I wanted to share these steps in the forum since it looks like I am not the only one with this issue!

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
            I got in touch with HS Support this morning and spoke with Tyler, who was great!

Here is my scenario:

This past weekend, I experienced some issues with my Z-Wave devices in Homeseer. I don't know what caused it, but the Z-wave plug-in was apparently having some issues. I thought simply rebooting my HS3 computer would fix the problem, but Tyler explained that I should have tried disabling and re-enabling the Z-wave plug-in first. Then he instructed me to go to Manage Plug-ins->Zwave->Controller management and look at the status icon next to my Z-wave interface. If it is anything but the green check-mark, then it has an issue, and I should click it to turn off the interface and then click it again to re-enable it.

I went through these steps and then disabled voice control for all of my HS3 devices. I then enabled voice control for a single device and went back to the Amazon interface. I disabled the HS3 Smarthome Skill, re-enabled it and linked it to myhs3.homeseer.com account. I then told it to discover devices, and it found the one I enabled. He advised me to add a few or even half of my devices back and re-discover to make sure that they were discovered by Amazon properly. I am in the process of doing that now, but so far, so good.

This was great information, and I am moving forward again. I wanted to share these steps in the forum since it looks like I am not the only one with this issue!
            I can confirm this worked for me as well...thanks!

Comment

Adding devices back in small groups is also working for me. I'm going room by room, voice enable room then discover...

Comment

I didn't have to do in small groups. I was able to add in bulk after the first one.

Comment

I saw same thing... adding a few at a time working but bulk add ov >30 devices fails and I lose what I already had. There also appears to be other limits vs just # of devices -- ie: if you select a device with no off/on or other control capability on left side of device management page (ie the parent' device) you can also get errors... just not always. When these errors occur alexa apparently will not discover anything in the import session. So... still debugging to get back to where I was a week ago but progressing.

Comment

After adding in devices in small groups I've max'd at 38. I can not add anymore of my devices. I tried forgetting one device, then doing a discovery, but none were added, so I'am stuck at 37. Any suggestions? I guess I'll open a ticket too.

Comment

After talking with HS Tech support I found out the issue is not a device limit, but instead one of my devices was causing the discovery to fail. Through a process of elimination I was able to find the "bad" HS device. Deactivating Voice control for that device allowed the remaining devices to be discovered. Hope this helps others that may have this issue.

Comment

I have a very similar issue, which Amazon support has not been able to fix. I had the Alexa-Homeseer interface working almost perfectly for months. I could even manage my Insteon thermostat (with some patience). But one day she told me I had two thermostats, and which one did I want to control? I have exactly one thermostat. So I called customer support. They had me disable and re-enable my HomeSeer skills (For some reason I had both running). Well, not only did that not work, it apparently created duplicates of all 200 of my devices. And I couldn't control any of them via Alexa. I would say, "Alexa, turn on such-and-such," and she would respond, "The skill associated with that device is not enabled." (You would think she would say "Several devices have that name, which one do you want?" But noooooo....) Both skills are currently enabled (and by the way, I would really like to keep just one enabled, the good one, but I'm afraid to screw things up even more).

What I really want to do is delete all my smarthome devices en masse, but there is nothing in the Alexa app to accomplish this. Or is there? Somebody mentioned a "Forget All" function on the website???? Then I would attempt to re-discover all the devices in just one skill. Will that work, or is re-discovering devices a problem now?

Jim Speiser
                        38-year veteran of Home Automation
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                        X