Refreshing Alexa Smart Home Skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing Alexa Smart Home Skill

FOr some reason I can not get the Alexa app to refresh my devices and scenes. I recently moved to a new home and completely started my Homeseer from scratch however, Alexa has a mix of new and old devices and scenes. How do I get a refresh on the Alexa skill? I tried rediscovering it and disabling it but to no avail...

From the bottom of the Devices page (log into the web site), did you first try to do Forget All?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
      From the bottom of the Devices page (log into the web site), did you first try to do Forget All?
      Several times. Is it supposed to discover my scenes as well? Because there are none either now.

Comment

Originally posted by willyv1004 View Post

Several times. Is it supposed to discover my scenes as well? Because there are none either now.
        Try disabling the skill and reenabling it. Disabling skill should make it forget all devices. There will only be scenes if you defined events that have the voice command option checked with text in the voice command filled in.

Comment

Originally posted by willyv1004 View Post
          FOr some reason I can not get the Alexa app to refresh my devices and scenes. I recently moved to a new home and completely started my Homeseer from scratch however, Alexa has a mix of new and old devices and scenes. How do I get a refresh on the Alexa skill? I tried rediscovering it and disabling it but to no avail...
          Under the settings section on the Alexa website, it will show the "Alexa Homeseer plug-in" I unregistered the device, disabled the skill, I had both the Homeseer and Homeseer SmartHome skill enabled. The Homeseer skill doesn't support languages other than US and GB. The country of the Alexa website, the computer language and the Plug-in all have to match.

I registered for Alexa before it was available in Canada, when i had called Amazon to have my account moved to the Canadian website is when it all stopped working, wouldn't discover devices, it wasn't until the computer locale and the correct skill was used I was then able to rediscover all the devices,

Hope this gives you enough info to fix.

Comment

Working...
          X