How to Force Rediscovery of Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Force Rediscovery of Devices

Alexa is once again no longer able to control my devices.

I had this working perfectly up till about 2 days ago. Now she tells me either "that device was not found" or "OK. Here is the Homeseer Smarthome skill. That device is unresponsive" or a variety of other error messages.

I have both Homeseer skills enabled (and can we talk about why there are two Homeseer skills??? Why not just one that does it all?)

I am able to log in to the MyHS service.

I disable a skill, re-enable it, then tell it to discover, and it says it couldn't find any new devices. (Could that be because all my devices are listed under ALL DEVICES?)

What am I to do?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Make sure you have a local account with the same credentials (username and password) as your MyHS and with the right to use events.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
      Make sure you have a local account with the same credentials (username and password) as your MyHS and with the right to use events.

That's all in place, thanks.

UPDATE: Since posting, Alexa has SLOWLY - ONE OR TWO AT A TIME - rediscovered devices.

It's a mystery.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

I'm stuck at 10 devices and 15 events. guess I will disable everything voice and start again.

Comment

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post
          I will disable everything voice and start again.
          How is that done?

Comment

Working...
          X