Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointing Alexa Integration Experience - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens as people forget. Yes, they should have set a reminder. I bet that their provider even sent them notice/reminder. But, it happens.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Again, If you are having an issue with Alexa and do not have a ticket open with the help desk open one.
      I have left 3 voicemail messages - It is now the end of day on Monday - and still no callback.
      Does not seem to be anyone taking calls in the Tech Support Queue...

Comment

Originally posted by KB8DOA View Post

I have left 3 voicemail messages - It is now the end of day on Monday - and still no callback.
        Does not seem to be anyone taking calls in the Tech Support Queue...
        You can put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I went the support ticket route and Matt gave me a good listening to and a suggestion to update HS as well as to use the HS app. However as in the past, the way I got Alexa to respond to my commands was to disable the HS Smarthome skill and reenable it and rediscover my 168 devices all over again. Now she doesn't say the device is "not responding".

Comment

Fixed
            Issue is resolved now.
            At some point - when I first tried to get Alexa to discover the deices, Alexa actually discovered them
            - however, I was being mislead with responses that nothing was discovered.
            From now on, I know to go check Alexa's "All Devices" to see if anything was actually discovered...
            This should be added to the FAQ about Alexa Integration.

Also - Thanks to Matt for his phone support. Very professional.

Comment

Working...
            X