Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointing Alexa Integration Experience - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB8DOA
    replied
    Fixed
    Issue is resolved now.
    At some point - when I first tried to get Alexa to discover the deices, Alexa actually discovered them
    - however, I was being mislead with responses that nothing was discovered.
    From now on, I know to go check Alexa's "All Devices" to see if anything was actually discovered...
    This should be added to the FAQ about Alexa Integration.

Also - Thanks to Matt for his phone support. Very professional.

Leave a comment:

• Chaser
    replied
    I went the support ticket route and Matt gave me a good listening to and a suggestion to update HS as well as to use the HS app. However as in the past, the way I got Alexa to respond to my commands was to disable the HS Smarthome skill and reenable it and rediscover my 168 devices all over again. Now she doesn't say the device is "not responding".

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by KB8DOA View Post

I have left 3 voicemail messages - It is now the end of day on Monday - and still no callback.
    Does not seem to be anyone taking calls in the Tech Support Queue...
    You can put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com

Leave a comment:

• KB8DOA
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Again, If you are having an issue with Alexa and do not have a ticket open with the help desk open one.
    I have left 3 voicemail messages - It is now the end of day on Monday - and still no callback.
    Does not seem to be anyone taking calls in the Tech Support Queue...

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    It happens as people forget. Yes, they should have set a reminder. I bet that their provider even sent them notice/reminder. But, it happens.

Leave a comment:

• KB8DOA
    replied
    Sorry about this rant, but I do need to cry on someone's shoulder.

Here it is - 3pm Arizona Time, on a Friday - and no access to HomeSeer Support until Monday...

I am working on setting up Homeseer with Alexa for a relative here in Phoenix.
    I am booked to fly home on Saturday PM.

I am unable to get the Alexa skill to populate with the Devices, after authenticating it with MyHS.
    I seem to recall, when I did my own, in the past - it took a few hours to happen.

Furthermore, I just checked my Alexa App - and all of my HomeSeer devices have disappeared on my Alexa account.

To make this experience even more frustrating - my account here on forums.homeseer.com - keeps getting deleted.
    So I have just waited about 30 minutes for an email to open up another.

I suspect that there is some server - sitting somewhere that links MyHS to Amazon.
    I am also suspecting there is something going on with it - that is breaking/preventing devices from appearing in Alexa.

There are MANY posts on the forum here of experiences where Homeseer Users are either unable to get devices to appear in Alexa or devices just disappear.

How serious is Homeseer about this functionality - why has this been going on for so long?
    Can management please comment?

I am moving my Z-Wave devices onto an Alexa device that has the ability to control them.

I am utterly devistated that I have invested so much of my own money and time, and other people's money and time into Homeseer
    to be let down like this...
    It is getting worse - The security SSL certificate for the myhs.homeseer.com webserver expired yesterday.
    Now I cannot do anything...

Is Homeseer shutting down? Something this obvious should never happen...

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Again, If you are having an issue with Alexa and do not have a ticket open with the help desk open one.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Personally, here , i am relying on ha-bridge for devices. and on openhab echo control binding ( last voice command channel) to trigger events. Because i do not want to deal with this specific problem all the time.
    I do all of my voice control through my ISY... I've actually just moved everything over to ISY + Polyglot to test and see if that meets all of my requirements. Nice to have an alternative if needed.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Personally, here , i am relying on ha-bridge for devices. and on openhab echo control binding ( last voice command channel) to trigger events. Because i do not want to deal with this specific problem all the time.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied

I didn't say there weren't issues, I'm just stating it's working here as a point of reference. These serializing errors are typically caused by a special character in a device/event name.
    Saying ‘’ it is working here ‘’ helps nothing . This can be received as a sophism , to invalidate the problem, so yea it it a really bad reference point.

I am starting to feel tired of hearing this from hst . When clearly there are problem (not just talking about this issue here)

when contacting support you got the same Type of answers + the traditional ‘’you are the first to report it ‘’(LOL) .

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I'm confused... Are you using the v2 HomeSeer Alexa skill? I'm on the original version and don't have the device issues. When the second release came out, I gave it a try and found the same problems you're experiencing. I then went back. I think HS or Amazon pulled the original but can't confirm.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied

No special firewall here - Just a basic Netgear C7000v2 Cable Modem from Cox with default consumer settings.
    Is your myHomeSeer account working from outside the users lan? You may want to put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com as well.

Leave a comment:

• KB8DOA
    replied
    Is your myHomeSeer account working from outside the users lan? I just tested running a discovery for events and devices and it's working here. So it's most likely something on the PC or network preventing connectivity to Amazon like AV software or a firewall. You can also put in an email to support@homeseer.com as there is limited weekend support.
    No special firewall here - Just a basic Netgear C7000v2 Cable Modem from Cox with default consumer settings.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Yea I really wish HST could figure this out as it's frustrating that this isn't working for HST as well as users.
    That's all that we all want... is it to get figured out and resolved.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Yea I really wish HST could figure this out as it's frustrating that this isn't working for HST as well as users.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X