Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointing Alexa Integration Experience - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I didn't say there weren't issues, I'm just stating it's working here as a point of reference. These serializing errors are typically caused by a special character in a device/event name.
    I've been having those errors for a long time and I get them in my dev environment as well which has NO DEVICES... The point is we know there are problems and they happen all throughout the day. Here's from one of my systems of just today...

Aug-23 20:41:03 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 20:19:01 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 20:09:39 Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Aug-23 17:28:03 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 16:15:17 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 15:46:44 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 13:26:31 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 13:15:50 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 12:12:51 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 09:01:07 Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Aug-23 08:56:53 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 08:53:22 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 06:32:57 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 05:57:19 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 04:30:44 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 02:05:26 Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
    Aug-23 00:07:19 Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

The overall point is there are problems. There have been for months. There's hundreds of posts of problems. I can say at this moment it works. Will it work in another 10 minutes??? No clue... it should but I won't bet on it.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by simplextech View Post
    Oh no problems at all....
    Aug-23 20:09:39 Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    There are problems. Support / Engineering??? Same thing??? is aware of them and "fixing" them... have been "fixing" them for nearly a year???
    I didn't say there weren't issues, I'm just stating it's working here as a point of reference. These serializing errors are typically caused by a special character in a device/event name.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Oh no problems at all....
    There are problems. Support / Engineering??? Same thing??? is aware of them and "fixing" them... have been "fixing" them for nearly a year???

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Is your myHomeSeer account working from outside the users lan? I just tested running a discovery for events and devices and it's working here. So it's most likely something on the PC or network preventing connectivity to Amazon like AV software or a firewall. You can also put in an email to support@homeseer.com as there is limited weekend support.

Leave a comment:

• KB8DOA
    started a topic Disappointing Alexa Integration Experience - Solved!

Disappointing Alexa Integration Experience - Solved!

Sorry about this rant, but I do need to cry on someone's shoulder.

Here it is - 3pm Arizona Time, on a Friday - and no access to HomeSeer Support until Monday...

I am working on setting up Homeseer with Alexa for a relative here in Phoenix.
    I am booked to fly home on Saturday PM.

I am unable to get the Alexa skill to populate with the Devices, after authenticating it with MyHS.
    I seem to recall, when I did my own, in the past - it took a few hours to happen.

Furthermore, I just checked my Alexa App - and all of my HomeSeer devices have disappeared on my Alexa account.

To make this experience even more frustrating - my account here on forums.homeseer.com - keeps getting deleted.
    So I have just waited about 30 minutes for an email to open up another.

I suspect that there is some server - sitting somewhere that links MyHS to Amazon.
    I am also suspecting there is something going on with it - that is breaking/preventing devices from appearing in Alexa.

There are MANY posts on the forum here of experiences where Homeseer Users are either unable to get devices to appear in Alexa or devices just disappear.

How serious is Homeseer about this functionality - why has this been going on for so long?
    Can management please comment?

I am moving my Z-Wave devices onto an Alexa device that has the ability to control them.

I am utterly devistated that I have invested so much of my own money and time, and other people's money and time into Homeseer
    to be let down like this...
Working...
X